Direct Report: Executive Director/ Board of Directors
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1) Lead, Unify, and Build the Development Team
2) General Fundraising
3) Product Development and Sales
4) Community Stakeholder Solicitation
New Vista Ranch, Inc. is hiring for a Development Director who will be responsible to design and execute a comprehensive development strategy, as well as, form, lead, and manage the development team for New Vista.
This position is ultimately responsible with furthering the overall mission of New Vista Ranch. New Vista is a non-profit organization that is committed to providing people of all ages with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, equal opportunities and supported living arrangements so that they may experience life to the fullest. This includes organizing annual giving; development and sales of products, corporate and special fundraising projects, and event planning. Developing a design and implementation of a comprehensive plan for key external alliances: by cultivating individuals, community businesses, and philanthropic support. Expansion and diversification of New Vista’s donor database/pipeline and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives. In addition, the Development Director will work closely with the Board of Directors and directly support board members as they take on a more active fundraising role.
The Director of Development Responsibilities:
- Must embrace the mission of New Vista.
- Form, lead, and manage the development team.
- Experience in fund raising techniques, conduct research, prospecting, Manage capital campaigns, and engaging and overseeing capital campaign firms as necessary.
- Direct employee fundraising drives. Oversee fundraising database, tracking systems and publications to support fund raising activities.
- Build a robust donor database: Develop and maintain key long-term relationships with donors and prospects
- Communicate and Training: Train and mentor development staff and communicate fundraising goals and progress throughout New Vista.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the with the community.
- Conduct research to identify grant, funding and sponsorship opportunities, in support of new and ongoing programs.
- Conduct research and data collection to infuse grant proposals with best practices.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to establish grant strategic planning, yearly grant projections and schedule.
- Write comprehensive grant proposals including abstracts, project narratives, budget narratives, project objectives, as well as performance indicators and evaluations.
- Develop stewardship strategies to identify, cultivate and connect potential donors, and support donor retention. Engage with community agencies, foundations, and corporations for purposes of identifying and acquiring information for grant funding opportunities.
- Create sponsorship decks and other donor specific collateral for member programs.
- Provide detailed financial reports from department/position to the Director of Finance/Finance Department on a quarterly basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communication, or an equivalent combination of appropriate education and experience.
- Proven success in development for a large nonprofit. Experience running capital campaigns and success fundraising from multiple donor channels.
- Experience in planning, leading, and managing development projects, including coordinating with peers to achieve desired outcomes, and tracking and reporting on progress to senior managers/board of directors.
- Takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen current donor relationships and to forge new ones.
- Skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising. Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials. Experience and credibility when presenting materials to external audiences.
- Gets others to accept ideas by using convincing arguments, creates a win-win situation and responds appropriately to key stakeholders.
- Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives.
- Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers, across different levels of the organization and externally.
- Excellent marketing, communication and people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Extensive experience working with executive/advisory boards, donors and sponsors.
- Able to maintain high degree of discretion in working with donors, able to maintain confidential information, knowledge of correct protocol for specific situations.
- Organizational, personnel, and resource management; General understanding of strategic planning.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of New Vista.
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Solid management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year