Description Potomac State College, part of the West Virginia University system of campuses, located in Keyser, WV is seeking highly qualified candidates for the Director of Development position. Reporting directly to the President of Potomac State College and working closely with the WVU Foundation, the Director of Development manages all aspects of the WVU Potomac State College development program, including managing a comprehensive major gift program to generate current gift revenue from individuals, corporations, and foundations, and deferred gift revenue from individuals.
- Create and implement a comprehensive development plan, outlining goals, objectives, and activities assuring aggressive completion of the plan's goals in timely fashion.
- Working with WVU Potomac State College faculty, staff, and volunteers, and the appropriate personnel of the WVU Foundation, identify priorities for private support consistent with specific resource requirements of the College, establish and maintain operational goals, and define budgetary requirements for each development program activity.
- Working with WVU Potomac State College faculty, staff, and volunteers, and the appropriate personnel of the WVU Foundation, develop a program to identify potential donors, determining possible levels of support, and matching prospect interests with the priority needs of the College.
- In close coordination with the WVU Foundation, develop and execute a comprehensive donor relations and stewardship plan.
- In close coordination with the WVU Foundation, develop and execute a plan to generate annual gift revenue for the College through direct mail, the Foundation’s Mountaineer Line, Day of Giving, online fundraising, Campus Campaign programs, and other opportunities as may develop.
- Coordinate all development efforts with the WVU Foundation and comply with all WVU Foundation reporting and accountability standards.
- Develop and execute various special events to generate new prospects, or to generate revenue in support of defined prospects, coordinating with all appropriate offices across campus and at the WVU Foundation.
- Maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of WVU Potomac State College, including its mission and history, and current priorities assuring effective representation of all aspects of the College and its opportunities and priorities for private support.
- Manage a portfolio of major gift donors and prospects, as defined by working with the WVU Foundation (currently $50,000), from initial identification through cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Plan, schedule, and complete frequent travel, including overnight, to make contact with prospects and donors in completion of portfolio management. Travel will be conducted in West Virginia, the surrounding region, and some national travel.
- Plan, organize, and implement development strategies for all special or capital projects, as appropriate.
- Initiate and facilitatecollegial relationships and open communications with other Foundation andUniversity development staff, and other University and WVU Potomac StateCollege constituents in advancing the mission of the College.
- Bachelor's degree
- Two years of progressive experience, preferably in development, with a history of successful major and/or planned gift solicitations or equivalent, relevant experience in the financial industry.
- Preference will be given to candidates with greater experience in development; experience in higher education; experience at a comprehensive university.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with potential donors, Foundation executives, University administrators, faculty and staff
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to travel frequently and undertake regular weekend and evening work.
- Valid driver's license
- Cover letter
- Contact information for 3 professional references
West Virginia University is afamily of distinctive campuses with locations in Morgantown, Keyser, andBeckley. At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tirelessendeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate,innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress,constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make thisinstitution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice,one university, one WVU. Potomac State College, located on the WVU Keysercampus, is known for its small size and tradition of academic excellence. Ourtuition remains one of the lowest in the state for a four-yearinstitution. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineerat http://careers.wvu.edu/.
WVUis an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. Underrepresented class members areencouraged to apply. This includes: minorities, females, individuals withdisabilities and veterans.