MarketPro has partnered with a global manufacturer headquartered in St. Louis that is focused on our noble causes of Human Comfort, Food Quality, Energy Efficiency and Environmental Conservation on a global scale in search of a Director of Digital Marketing. This new hire will be laser-focused on driving digital transformation and improving digital experience for the brand’s customers.
As the Director, Digital Marketing, you will have the responsibility for driving the digital experience through the development and implementation of key related concepts and programs, specifically targeted at the digital experiences and interactions the company is driving with customers. The candidate will lead the definition, development, execution and optimization of all website properties, drive customer adoption of digital tools and facilitate company-wide transition from product-centricity to customer journey-centricity with an emphasis on digital transformation. You will be responsible for leading the company’s digital experience strategy across the brand including collaboration with relevant business functions to appropriately leverage internal and public websites, digital tools and portals, and desktop and mobile platforms to facilitate improvements to customers’ experiences.
This marketing executive search role includes ownership of discrete revenue attainment from eCommerce channels, including Amazon. Further, this role includes developing the end-to-end digital customer experience, building an optimal and comprehensive user experience that facilitates increased brand awareness, expands visibility and increases customer and community satisfaction and engagement across relevant digital platforms, aligning with the company strategy of creating a differentiated, preferred customer experience. This key role will be directly responsible for managing existing website operations and new global website development with a global team.
The Director, Digital Marketing will be accountable for the effective use of resources and technology to offer a preferred website experience to our customers, and deep knowledge of agile development, our preferred systems, architecture and integrations, and our information technology and related operations are all required. By the nature of these demands, this role will manage project prioritization and the execution of digital projects as well as managing internal and external partners and when necessary, agencies. Lastly, this individual will own the successful creation, utilization and application of digital intelligence across multiple business units, to include relevant and regular dashboards from multiple sources such as IBM Digital Analytics, Conductor, VWO heatmap software, Google Analytics, and other eCommerce sources.
- Lead the design, build and execution of global website initiative
- Work with the business units and world areas across the platform on the adoption of website tools and capabilities
- Define, lead and execute the roadmap for enhancements, new capabilities and rollout globally and across business units
- Lead the digital strategy for business unit
- Identify relevant emerging trends and technologies in the digital landscape and the application to the businesses across the platform
- Work with market-focused teams and the broader business to define and evolve critical customer journeys that will drive demand and grow the business
- Support the attainment of key eCommerce revenue goals through direct website transactions and Amazon
- Experiment with new digital approaches for customer experience and develop a roadmap for relevant scalable technologies with the information technology and business groups
- Serve as thought leader and advisor to business units across the organization on activation of digital channels, including front end website design and layout, SEM/SEO, engagement, personalization, mobile, application development and integration opportunities
- Drive adoption of digital and self-service tools across the platform
- Utilizes analytical skills to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across all digital channels and customer touch points, including rigorous testing and experimentation to continually improve and optimize strategy and tactics employed
- Promotes the use of digital analytics, voice of customer feedback, usability testing and best practices within the business to drive growth and customer satisfaction
- Bachelor’s degree plus ten (10) years of relevant business experience with at least five (5) years specific to eCommerce implementations, digital marketing, web site development and digital technologies
- Must be expert in CMS, e-commerce, marketing automation, SEO/SEM, website analytical tools (IBM and Google Analytics) and other digital tools
- Must have strong project management skills for large, enterprise-wide initiatives
- Experience leading and implementing enterprise-wide digital transformation and operations
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and across virtual and co-located team structures
- Experience managing multiple priorities, managing virtual teams and gaining cooperation while driving accountability
- Ability to think strategically/critically and problem solve with entrepreneurial commitment to achieving goals
- MBA with a concentration in Marketing or related field is preferred
- Seven (7) years or more of experience in digital marketing, web site development and digital technologies
- Experience with IBM WebSphere and CoreMedia is strongly preferred
- Experience with large scale eCommerce implementations (both B2B and B2C) utilizing multiple back end systems at a global level
- Experience implementing change management methodology with a shared sense of urgency, contributing to shaping the right vision, engaging stakeholders, communicating relentlessly, keeping up the pressure/energy and aligning their organization