Position: Director of Engineering
Location: Anaheim, CA
Duration: Full time, permanent
The Director of Engineering provides technical leadership utilizing lean principles and management expertise to maintain and improve process efficiency and flow, improve product quality and reduce cost. This role leads the systemization and technical efforts to streamline and blueprint the manufacturing process for scalability and replicability as well as optimizing process efficiency, improving product quality and reducing cost. This role integrates with the Sales function to ensure order accuracy and complete customer satisfaction.
SCOPE Day-to-day leadership of the unified engineering resources to ensure customer satisfaction. Lead the systemization and technical efforts to streamline and blueprint the manufacturing process for scalability and replicability. Institutionalize lean manufacturing methodology in manufacturing/engineering systems design and operation. Works in a team with Sales, Manufacturing and Supply Chain, to achieve operational excellence.
• Lead the unified engineering resources to ensure daily/weekly/monthly production goals (safety, quality, schedule, cost) are met. • Lead the systemization and technical efforts to stabilize, streamline and blueprint the production system for scalability and replicability.
• Ensure all manufacturing documentation is in place, controlled and maintained.
• Ensure development of personnel to effectively operate in a fast growing, distributed, lean operating environment.
• Institutionalize lean manufacturing methodology in manufacturing / engineering systems design and operation. Continuous Improvement
• Drive continuous improvements in safety, efficiency, yield, cost, and manufacturability
• Utilize and support activities to generate continuous improvement projects to improve yield, up time and throughput. Process Management
• Work with IT and other groups to develop and implement engineering and manufacturing systems to automate lean practices and efficiently handle exception processing.
• Work with cross-functional teams to solve technical process and defect issues.
• Utilize Lean Manufacturing methods, SPC and TPM to ensure optimal production.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor level degree in an Engineering discipline, or equivalent.
• 15+ years progressive engineering management experience in a fast paced Manufacturing environment.
• Proven track record of successful change management of an engineering department.
• Metalworking / Metal fabrication or construction experience a plus.
• Proven experience with one or more Design Engineering Systems, Project Management Systems, Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and familiarity with business systems (ERP).
• Proven successful project/program management.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint) and flowcharting.
• SolidWorksCAD proficiency
• Proficient at root cause analysis, PFMEA and Statistical Methods.
• Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, facilitation and training skills
• Strong decision maker, executor and follow through