Job Title: Complex Director of Engineering
Supervision Exercised: Engineers
Supervision Received: General Manager
The Complex Director of Engineering is responsible for the preventive and corrective maintenance of two hotel properties, interior and exterior, and the development, execution and follow-though of the hotel work order system. This individual manages and oversees the department in accordance with standards and guidelines established by the hotels.
- Ensure all required repairs and maintenance performed on all hotels equipment and assets as scheduled or requested by guests, housekeeping, and /or management. Such duties could consist of HVAC, plumbing, an electrical repairs, and furniture replacement and/or repair etc.
- Perform preventive maintenance on hotels equipment and assets per set schedule.
- Perform daily walk through, record all meter readings and boiler temperature.
- Develop and maintain effective work order and other paperwork systems.
- Hire, train, supervise, coach and counsel Engineering employees.
- Schedule team members, taking into consideration expected guest arrivals and departures, occupancy levels, guest service needs and budgetary guidelines.
- Work with the General Manager on maintain and facilitate effective training programs.
- Ensure that Engineering employees are properly uniformed and are following all hotel procedures.
- Ensure that all operations of Engineering equipment and procedure are understood and performed safely in accordance with company guidelines and government regulations.
- Assume responsibility for implementation of policies and procedures set by the hotels.
- Provide written details of work performed on Work Order forms and other documents.
- Record all maintenance request work performed in the log program and return request to proper location.
- Assemble weekly and Period Summary Maintenance Reports and identify and track trends in order to anticipate future work projects and costs.
- Provide feedback to management and owners on specific maintenance and repair needs.
- Administer Safety Training programs.
- Know hotels emergency procedures and where all emergency shut-offs are located. Assist hotel Guests when necessary in case of an emergency.
- Facilitates all Emergency response Training and Safety Training for all hotel employees.
- Budget, plan, schedule, coordinate and supervise Capital Expenditure projects
- Perform special projects assigned a time set for each project.
- Support environmental commitments by having the knowledge, skills and values to be a leader in the global goal of “greening” the hospitality industry.
- Watch for safety hazard.
- Be ready and willing to complete the job as necessary.
- Be an example to all employees.
- Educate all staff on health and safety procedures and policies.
· High School Graduate or Equivalent
· HVAC Certification
· Has thorough knowledge and understanding of general repairs and maintenance.
· Proven track record working with information technology systems.
· Experience with fire and life safety systems.
· Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC and refrigeration.
· Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills written and verbal. Will be interfacing with guests and homeowners to provide efficient and effective results as related repairs and maintenance.
· Maintains a close working relationship with employees and department heads from all areas of hotel operations.
· The position is on call 24 hours a day. One must be flexible to work long hours to ensure the smooth operation of the engineering department.
· This position requires the ability to communicate and make sound judgment calls when evaluating problems and situations in order to expedite the resolution
· Working knowledge of:
a. Air Conditioning and Heating
b. Plumbing codes
c. Electrical codes
d. National/Local fire codes
e. Mechanical codes
f. Swimming Pool Maintenance Blue Prints and Plumbing Schematic