Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield (URW) is the premier global developer and operator of flagship shopping destinations. With a portfolio valued at over €63 billion, the company owns and operates 97 shopping centres, including 56 flagships in the most dynamic cities in Europe and the United States. Our centres, welcoming 1.2 billion visits per year, are present on two continents and in 13 countries, and provide a unique platform for retailers and brands – with an exceptional and constantly renewed experience for customers. The Group also has the largest development pipeline in the industry, worth €12.5 billion, focused on building the shopping and lifestyle destinations of the future. In addition, URW distinguishes itself in the communities we serve through our Better Places 2030 agenda, an ambition to create places that respect the highest environmental standards and contribute to better cities and communities.
Our 3,700 talented professionals, at the forefront of innovation, possess the skills and are committed to the engagement and teamwork required to drive performance and generate superior value.
As a key strategy of the recent $1B reinvention of Westfield Century City in Los Angeles, URW developed and invested in 18,000 square feet of event-ready outdoor spaces equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure to support a wide array of programming. The venues opened in October of 2017 and have already hosted over 300 days of event activity with globally recognized clients and partners including Premieres, Concerts, Dinners, Speaking Engagements, Pop-Up Shops, Experiential Ticketed Programs and large-scale Brand Activations.
We’re looking for a passionate sales leader with a distinguished track record of selling and booking world class event venues to join our events team at Westfield Century City.
The Director of Event Sales is responsible for driving revenues for the event venue through 3rd Party event bookings. This individual develops the sales strategy and manages the implementation of the plan in order to achieve the revenue goals set forth by URW. Working closely with the Event Production Team at Westfield Century City, the Director of Event Sales collaborates with a team of cross-functional individuals to meet sales goals through the delivery of high quality entertainment experiences for our consumers.
The position is based at Westfield Century City.
· Responsible for overall sales goal for the events program at Westfield Century City
- Responsible for vetting opportunities, client walkthroughs, preliminary production conversations, space fee negotiation, and space availability
- Manages the booking calendar for all event spaces, totaling over 100 events each year.Works collaboratively with the Marketing department, Specialty Leasing and Brand Ventures group to integrate their respective initiatives into the event programming calendar and promote Westfield as a destination
· Actively markets venue for Client Event bookings. Creates and executes event sales strategy to support the sales efforts including advertising, web updates, email campaigns, memberships, conferences, and industry outreach plans
· Leads the development of creative campaigns to drive client awareness and interest to the venue
- Proposes and implements new methods of sales for current rental spaces in order to garner new clients, increase repeat business and generate new revenue streams
· Reevaluates space rental rates and other fees regularly to asses and ensure proper market rates
· Works to secure repeat business
- Hands off clients to Production Team who manage production fees, logistics, contracts, insurance, permits, billing, production planning, load-in / out, and onsite event management. Strong organization and communication skills required to ensure a smooth transition between team members
· Utilizes Salesforce and other internal systems in order to manage the event platform
- Responsible for events outside the regular business days. May require considerable hours over 40 per week. Evening and weekend hours are required. Attendance is expected at events to support the overall team and solidify client relationships
- Some travel is required to attend conferences, meet with clients, visit other properties, and to attend meetings and planning sessions
· Moderate physical activity. Required to push, pull or lift medium weights. Uncomfortable working positions such as stooping, crouching and bending. Exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
- 8+ years of experience in sales, event production and venue rentals
- Experience in meeting sales goals in excess of $2M plus
- Working knowledge and demonstrated success in the fundamental principles of special event planning, sponsorship sales, event production
- Sales and venue management experience preferred, including both the strategic oversight, as well as the day to day management of successful, proactive sales operations
- Must have a solid client base as well as strong connections within the local community
- Deep understanding of the venue/rental business, including key players
- Solution oriented, highly motivated and proactive self-starter who works well as both team member, and an individual contributor
- Ability to work well under pressure and to adapt to changing priorities
- Understand local trends and entertainment venue advancements
- Dynamic, with a passion for entertainment venues
- Ability to work independently, be a self-starter, manage multiple projects simultaneously, set and manage priorities, and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal skills, and proven sales ability while maintaining a positive, persuasive, client-focused and professional manner is essential
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must demonstrate strong problem solving and solutions-oriented decision making skills
· Successful experience in budget administration
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of entertainment or event experience
If you’ve ever wanted to be part of an innovative business, on the cutting edge of developing and evolving the shopping experience for customers, this is your chance!
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience and skills. We offer a collaborative, innovative, achievement focused culture with unique opportunities for growth in a global company and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.