St. Croix Regional Medical Center is currently seeking a Director of Facilities Management.
The Director plans, develops, and oversees administration of the SCRMC plant facilities, grounds, biomedical equipment, construction/renovation activities, environmental services, and safety programs to help increase operational efficiency and maximize all available resources while maintaining compliance with regulatory agencies.
Director of Facilities Management Essential Duties:
- Responsible for overall plant operations, equipment needs, and building maintenance services including oversight for strategic facilities management program development and implementation.
- Drive and steer leadership teams supporting building maintenance and environmental services functions across all facilities and sites.
- Responsible for Facility Master Plan and holds accountability for all construction and development of physical facilities including the review, evaluation, and recommendation for approval of plans for construction in coordination with Infection Prevention/Quality team. Holds accountability for facility-related projects and takes necessary action to remain within budget and schedules, while ensuring compliance with all applicable rules and regulations through planning phase, design development, construction documents, and construction administration in conformance to standards and specifications.
- Directs staff in establishing work schedules and priorities to ensure that workflow is controlled and the highest standards of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained. Ensures adherence to documented infection control policies and procedures.
- Monitors and drives the timely addressment and completion of work orders and preventative maintenance for environment services to ensure facilities are safely maintained in a sanitary, attractive, and orderly condition.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of current and changing regulatory compliance standards and industry best practices in facility-related functions; monitors and implements program modifications as appropriate.
- Coaches, mentors, and develops staff to promote skill development and leadership capacity.
- Oversees the preparation of complete and accurate financial, budget, activity, and productivity information, including variance reports, financial projections, and other statistical data-informed reports for facility, maintenance, and environmental services programs.
Qualifications of Director of Facilities Management:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in engineering (electrical or mechanical), healthcare administration, construction management, or other degree with a major in a safety-related field; Master's degree preferred
- ASHE Certified Healthcare Engineer (CHE) OR Certified Healthcare Facilities Manager (CHFM)
- IBCSM Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP)
- Seven years of progressive leadership experience in a relevant healthcare facilities setting required
- Three years of experience in safety management, security management, risk management, emergency management, facilities management, quality improvement, or infection control in a health care facility required
- Previous experience as Hospital Life Safety Officer preferred
- Previous experience developing policies and procedures preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Broad knowledge of federal, state, and local regulatory agency standards and others requirements applicable to the healthcare industry for organizations doing business in Wisconsin and Minnesota (including TJC, CMS, EPA, NFPA, OSHA, CDC, ADA)
- Extensive knowledge of the principles of electricity, electronics, plumbing, carpentry, boiler operation, HVAC and general building maintenance in addition to knowledge of autoclaving, bio-waste, life safety codes, and construction phasing
- Broad knowledge of the principles of infection prevention, cleaning, sterilization, and waste management to ensure a clean and safe healthcare environment.
- Strong interest in sustainability and innovation
- Ability to provide experienced, professional leadership and communicate effectively with leadership, management, vendors, and maintenance/environmental services personnel in an effective way with the ultimate goal of providing a safe environment to each and every patient and staff member
St. Croix Regional Medical Center (SCRMC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
St. Croix Regional Medical Center has been a healing force in the St. Croix Valley since 1919. Our traditions hold true today, we remain dedicated to the vision of building a healthier community. We continue the strong tradition of quality medicine with a focus on compassionate care through our 25 bed Critical Access Hospital and 5 clinic locations. Our goal is for every patient and visitor to have a positive experience. We want everybody to leave our facilities knowing they or their loved ones received the best care possible.
St. Croix Regional Medical Center is a non-profit health care network that provides an array of high quality services at our facilities in St. Croix Falls (clinic and critical access hospital), Balsam Lake, Frederic and Webster, WI along with a clinic in Lindstrom, MN. Our main campus is located in St. Croix Falls, WI, just an hour northeast of Minneapolis/ St. Paul. Nestled in the bluffs of the St. Croix River Valley, St. Croix Falls is the ideal place to work, live and play.