The Director of Finance is responsible for the finance operations for the Contracts/Grants including budgeting, reimbursement processing, analyzing and set of controls and budgets to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the reported financial results for each Contract/Grant and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Communicates with Funding Sources and Program units on Contract/Grant matters to obtain Budgets and Budget Modifications.
- Prepares and assist Accountants in preparing budgets for grants and contracts.
- Supports completion of budget narratives and budget modification justification.
- Leads the process for completion the internal budgets for each program in compliance with the Contract requirements.
- Designs and maintains schedules for Contract/Grant portfolio such as status of Budgets, Budget Modifications, Billings and Account Analysis.
- Reviews and updates budgets in Contracts and Grant award letters.
- Assures that revenues and expenses recorded in the Agency books comply with contract requirements.
- Supervises and prepares as necessary the Budgets, Budget Modifications and Line Item Contract Invoices to the Funding Sources in the requested methodology and formats.
- Communicates with Divisional Executives and Program Directors for monitoring contracts status
- Prepares survey reports to outside agencies.
- Prepares other fiscal reports by Funding Source requests.
- Supervises the maintenance of files for each grant and contract – physical and electronic.
- Reviews with accounting staff and prepares as necessary account analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervise Budget, Billing and Budget Modification process for all Line Item Contracts and Grants
- Coordinate business and fiscal operations of Programs and Funding Sources
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 years of hands-on accounting or managerial experience with fund accounting and working with NYC DYCD and other government agencies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to reach out to other departments to discuss and work through daily issues as they arise.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel spreadsheet proficient).
- Excellent organizing, planning and prioritization skills.
- 5+ years experience in Non-profit Budgeting and Contract management.
- Master’s Degree in Finance or Business Administration
- Demonstrable record of clear and progressive results in a similar role
- Proficiency working with Fund E-Z