Director of Finance
The Director of Finance position is responsible for maximizing the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. This position ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting, financial reporting, and IT functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and current IT trends and regulations, respectively.
- Guides financial decisions and protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Provides strategic financial leadership and support evaluating potential acquisitions, mergers, investments and other key issues affecting the business.
- Updates management team regarding financial performance and budget attainment by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation. Advises management of actions and potential risks.
- Manages budget and controls expenses effectively.
- Hires, trains, develops and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Works to optimize banking and deposit relationships.
- Financial Management.
- Strategic Thinking and Business Acumen.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
This position is directly responsible for leading all members of the Accounting/Finance functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment utilizing all standard office equipment and supplies.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, financial or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of ten years professional experience with at least five years in finance and accounting management in a medium or large size company.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in a business, financial or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Quarterly bonus potential
- Company sponsored health insurance
- Personal Time Off/Vacation Pay
- Company matching 401(k)
- Company paid Holidays
- Relocation assistance available if applicable