Are you a finance/accounting leader who would like to use your talent and knowledge for the benefit of our communities across Wisconsin? This could be your chance to do what you love, while helping our organization meet the needs of our members.
Care Wisconsin is looking for an uncommon finance professional. At Care Wisconsin, we are making a difference in the lives of our members, who rely on us to give them guidance, comfort and the highest quality care at a vulnerable time of their lives. Your expertise and financial stewardship will contribute to our overall mission, which is to promote quality of life in our communities.
The Director of Finance will lead our accounting and finance team, and will have an opportunity to work with, and advise, senior leadership as they execute our strategic vision. This is a highly visible position in our organization. You will work with a great team, and help us build Care Wisconsin’s future!
We know that you have your choice of organizations to work for, which is why we work harder for you. We are dedicated to creating a healthy, empowered work environment that offers you flexibility, benefits, and the support you need to achieve a healthy work/life balance.
What are we looking for?
- A finance leader who’s passion and experience goes beyond “the books”
- An ability to think strategically and offer ideas for overall strategic direction of an organization
- Someone with previous healthcare experience. Payer side experience is even better! We are a non-profit but our financial statements look much more like an insurance company
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage our organization through change
- A collaborator, coach, and mentor with the ability to connect with people at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor degree in finance or accounting with six years of progressive experience including two years of management experience or a combination of equivalent education and/or experience
What would your day involve?
• Leading financial strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, and prioritizing financial initiatives.
• Participating in the organization's strategic planning process; establishes departmental goals, objectives and operating procedures consistent with the organization's strategic plan, including core values.
• Coordinating with the Chief Financial Officer to support the financial needs of the organization.
• Advocates for the organization's financial vision via regular written and in-person communication with the executive team, team leaders and end users.
• Providing financial leadership and support for all departments to ensure consistency within the business framework of the organization.
• Developing, recommending, and administering policies, procedures, and processes in support of financial operations in assigned areas of responsibility;
• implements and monitors compliance with approved policies, procedures, and processes.
• Developing and implementing ways to increase efficiency and productivity through business processes.
• Leading, coaching, and inspiring Care Wisconsin’s financial talent. What do we offer?
• Flexible work scheduling to meet your life/work balance.
• Casual dress
• Friendly work environment
• Management/leadership development opportunities
• Many benefits within 30 days
• 401(k) retirement matching
• Generous paid time off
• Our non-profit organization has been around for over 40 years and has grown to offer four programs operating in over 40 counties throughout the state.
We continue to look for innovators and change agents to lead our organization to success. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to make a difference and help us take our organization to the next level. Take the next step in your journey and apply today!