Want to be part of a tech company that is changing the world for the better?
Most companies have a mission statement. Banjo has a mission—to save lives and reduce human suffering by ethically using A.I. to get everyone live, validated information, so they can make better decisions, faster.
Banjo is the world’s first Live-Time Intelligence platform that gives decision-makers the ability to KNOW INFORMATION NOW, to understand what is happening live, anywhere. With Banjo you will know more, so you can do more. Imagine how our world will change when decision-makers know exactly what is happening, where it is happening, the moment it happens.
The Director of Financial Planning and Analysis will support financial planning and decision making by identifying, maintaining, and evaluating information and recommending actions.
- Identify, understand, and track key KPIs
- Provide strategic insights and analysis relating to market penetration, product development/enhancement, etc.
- Own and manage financial forecasting processes including timeline, analysis, and reporting across business units and functional areas
- Track performance against budgeted objectives and provide detailed variance analysis
- Work with the Controller to prepare forecast and budget planning templates that align with organizational hierarchies and functions
- Communicate strategic analysis to executive management
- Prioritize reporting requests and deliver consistent reports on a regular basis for Controller and CEO’s review
- Continually assess processes and identify opportunities for improvement, leveraging technology to automate process components where possible
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Ad hoc analyses as needed, including strategic insights regarding market opportunities, product development, etc.
- Experienced professional with a BS/BA degree in Finance or finance-related field
- 7+ years of financial management and analytical experience, including financial modeling, budgeting and forecasting
- Experience within SaaS industry and throughout several functions within a SaaS organization (sales, engineering, customer experience, and marketing)
- Experience with forecasting software such as Adaptive
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to identify and quantify the financial impact of opportunities with limited data
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES OF THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Possesses an innate sense of urgency to deliver for the business while also effectively working collaboratively as part of a team
- Owner mentality
- Effective time management, organization and prioritizing skills. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple deliverables and to meet deadlines
- High attention to detail, able to complete tasks quickly
- Proven success delivering results individually and as part of a team in a fast-paced, demanding, high-growth environment
- Continuous improvement mentality with an ability to evaluate processes, seek out and implement internal or external best practices
- Creative problem solver with a demonstrated ability to ‘think outside the box’ when confronting challenges
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds and is required to travel unless otherwise specified in the job description.
At Banjo, we value inclusion and embrace diversity. Banjo is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Banjo prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Candidates must pass a background check and drug test to be considered for this position.