Looking for individual with strong personal motivation, high energy, strong work ethic and a proven track record with previous related employment. Ability to mentor and develop a team.
Overall responsibility for Restaurant, Bar, Room Service and Catering
This is also a hands-on chef position which includes active cooking requirements. Serv-Safe and TAPS cards required.
The purpose of the DIRECTOR OF FOOD AND BEVERAGE is to plan, direct, and coordinate activities of the departments that serve food and beverages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, and building maintenance in lodging and dining facilities.
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
- Coordinate assignments of cooking personnel to ensure economical use of food and timely preparation.
- Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity.
- Monitor budgets and payroll records, and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
- Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
- Schedule staff hours and assign duties.
- Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
- Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Associate demonstrates ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
- Observes and adheres to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
- Ensures new hires complete new hire orientation.
- Conducts and participates in required training.
- Completes departmental performance evaluation timely.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
- Seeks out new assignments and assumes additional duties when necessary.
- Identifies areas that would improve the operation and generates suggestions.
- Able to reach effective solutions, poses good questions, consults helpful resources, and does not stop at the first answer he/she comes across.
Associate demonstrates exemplary DEPENDABILITY / RELIABILITY
- Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
- Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
- Takes ownership of all work performed and communicated.
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
- Organizes resources, performs tasks, and coordinates with other functions to most effectively and efficiently perform work responsibilities and accomplish objectives on a timely basis.
- Assists department in exceeding productivity standards.
- Assists staff in achieving their personal productivity expectations.
Associate demonstrates effective PROBLEM SOLVING
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, using intuition and experience to complement data.
- Develops alternative solutions.
- Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Associate demonstrates WORKPLACE RESPECT to all associates
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy and promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Able to build morale and group commitments to achieve goals and objectives.
Associate demonstrates effective ORAL /WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
- Practices attentive and active listening with all employees.
- Listens without interruption and gets clarification.
- Actively participates in meetings, contributing ideas to improve the company.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to customer service by anticipating and responding promptly to guest needs.
- Department staff are regularly informed of goals and current service scores.
Associate demonstrates effective FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT skills
- Monitors and controls labor costs.
- Seeks approval for overtime, if required.
Associate effectively MANAGES PEOPLE
- Provides regular performance feedback and proactively addresses performance concerns of staff.
- Delegates work assignments.
- Develops staff so that successful customer service scores are achieved.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Ability to interpret and perform basic computer functions. Knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must be TIPS and SERV SAFE certified.
- Position has supervisory responsibilities. Position is responsible for hiring, training and managing the performance of food and beverage staff, supervisors and managers.
The work environment normally entails the following:
- Indoor work environment
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals throughout the day
- Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
Position is expected to:
- Stand more than 2/3 of the time
- Walk more than 2/3 of the time
- Sit less than 1/3 of the time
- Talk or hear more than 2/3 of the time
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Push / pull up to 25 lbs.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.