The Culinary Academy of Las Vegas (CALV) is the country’s leading nonprofit culinary and hospitality training institute. CALV’s mission is to train people for successful hospitality careers in Las Vegas. CALV’s vision is to reduce poverty and eliminate unemployment by providing employability and vocational skills to youth, adults, and displaced workers.
The primary responsibility of the Director of Food and Beverage Operations is to lead and manage all operational activities within one or more locations – on or off campus. To logistically plan, execute, and coordinate all FOH and BOH activities, and ensure an extraordinary guest and/or client experience as well as cutting edge training for the future employees for our hotel/casino partners.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Responsible for the preparation and execution of some or all of the operations within the Culinary Academy, The Smith Center, Contracted Food outside catering services.
- Manages operations management team, FOH and BOH service staff and sales management staff
- Ensures the highest quality of service, professionalism, training, and product
- Develops new, and existing employees to meet the demands of our hotel/casino partners
- Proven ability to make decisions independently based on research and reasoning, coach and mentor managers and employees, conduct training and presentation to staff, and make sound financial decisions to maximize net income
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of administrative principles and practices, including goal setting, program development, implementation and evaluation of existing and future operations, management of employees through multiples levels of supervision, and development of operations budgets and strategic planning.
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills and the capacity to supervise and lead student services staff and professional employees
- Knowledge of principles and practices of developing inspired and competent teams, motivating students and managing in a team environment; principles, techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals, at all levels of responsibility
- Proven ability to drive revenue and improved margin through effective pricing and promotion strategies
- Demonstrated success in improving guest and client experiences
- Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
- Advanced knowledge of POS platforms which include InfoGenesis, Micros, Delphi, Squirrel, Kronos, ADP, Timeworks, Eatech, Statton/Warren
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BA Hospitality Management
- 10 or more years of experience in restaurant, bar, hotel/casino. Catering, and concession operations
- Successful track record in providing leadership, coaching and mentoring to fellow staff members and direct reports, including our client partners for outside contracts
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
- ServSafe Certified (preferred)
- Current Health Card (required)
The Culinary Academy of Las Vegas is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law.