Community Options, Inc., founded in 1989 is a national non-profit with over forty offices in 11 states. Our mission is to develop housing and employment for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
We are seeking an experienced Director of Fundraising and Development to oversee fundraising and special events in Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah (this position can be based out of any of those states). This position will require about 25% of travel time within those states, so the ideal candidate must have reliable transportation. The Regional Director of Development must also have completed a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
Responsible for Fundraising Development:
- Individual major gift harvesting, marketing and development, grant and special event oversight and implementation.
- Bring an entrepreneurial style to build an effective advancement and communications function within the organization. This role will place a strong emphasis on developing individual and philanthropic support, with a focus on major gift and individual fundraising and using special events as a fulcrum for leveraging individual giving.
Oversee Media Communication Functions and Special Events:
- As an organization, we are continuously developing our fundraising platform which includes, but is not limited to runs and national gala events.
- Interacting with local Executive Directors to ensure successful committee and event operations
Build and Manage Relationships:
- Within the Organization: the CEO, development and communication staff, special events, members of the senior leadership team, and Executive Directors
- Outside of the Organization: Board of Directors of Community Options Enterprises, volunteers, business advisory committees, donors and funding sources
Establish Philanthropic Culture:
- Provide both strategic direction and tactical oversight to all aspects of fundraising and communications
- Engage local professionals to become members of the local committees.
We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Package: medical/dental/vision insurance options, generous paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, a 403b retirement savings plan with an employer match, management training, and various employee discount programs and perks.
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: Laura.Fisher@comop.org
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer