This is a home-based position located in any of the following geographies: Dallas-Ft. Worth; Houston; or San Antonio
The Director Health & Wellness is responsible for development, implementation, coordination and evaluation of ourHealth & Wellness (H&W) platform, that involves ability to develop and leverage science-based evidence with reputational thought leaders to demonstrate dairy’s essential role in a healthy lifestyle and sustainable food systems. The Director must be able to foster a positive team atmosphere while leading to overall results.Additional strategic objectives include:
Enhance and protect the image of dairy. Provide a positive return on investment to our dairy farm families. Collaborate with influential partners to amplify our impact. Create lifelong loyalty to dairy.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Manages the selection, training, developing and performance of assigned staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce for Dairy MAX, Inc.
- Establish results-based performance expectations such as setting objectives, growth targets & goals our H&W stakeholder relationship management, outreach and results.
- Assesses employee performance; provides positive and constructive feedback on an ongoing basis to reinforce desired results.
- Identifies individual training and /or development opportunities that will assist employees in achieving enhanced job performance and/or development opportunities for all H&W staff.
- Communicates and models the vision and values of the organization to create a sense of teamwork among employees.
- Work with Vice President of H&W to set team agendas, conduct team meetings, and other business as needed.
Lead the Unified Business Marketing Plan (UBP)
- Provide guidance regarding localization and implementation of UBP strategies and tactics.
- Communicate local/State & Regional (S/R) needs to National Dairy Council (NDC).
- Determine allocation of H&W funds based on program coordinator’s goals and territory.
- Supports quarterly reporting for each program coordinator to offer individual coaching to reach goals.
- Support review & analysis of budget funds allocated for program execution by individual program coordinator.
Participate on leadership team to drive strategy
- Responsible for tracking and reporting results, trends, and opportunities to Vice President of H&W and Board of Directors
- Work collaboratively with School Leadership Team for integrated communications and opportunities for schools and Fuel Up To Play 60 engagement related to H&W.
- Work collaboratively with Business Development on dairy optimization and sports marketing initiatives related to H&W.
- Work collaboratively with Industry, Image and Relations (IIR) to leverage dairy farmer relationships and farm-related activities.
- Work collaboratively with Consumer Marketing Team to facilitate H&W content related to websites, blogging, and other channels of communication.
- Work collaboratively with agency partner for customized assessment of needs, development of creative, and tactics that drive overall results.
- Participate as H&W Lead at Director Meetings, Video Conferences and other opportunities to represent H&W.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition or related field, registered dietitian nutritionist preferred but not required, and 7+ years of experience in health professional field that includes supervisory experience. Ability to manage people, teams and budgets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in program marketing and management.
- Knowledge and/or ability to learn human resources management including the ability to attract, hire, retain, motivate, coach, reward and develop the human resources of the organization.
- Knowledge and/or ability to direct team to drive results.
- Knowledge of the structure, function and policies of health professional organizations.
- Knowledge of the history, mission, strategic plans, goals and systems of the organization.
- Knowledge of nutrition science concepts and principles to provide and interpret accurate information.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret, communicate, and present current dairy nutrition research and the nutrition impact of dairy foods in maintaining good health, to promote consumption of three servings of dairy products every day to multiple audiences.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with media to deliver approved dairy nutrition key messages to consumers.
- Exemplary leadership skills.
- Exemplary relationship building skills.
- Exemplary effective communication skills including verbal and written.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a team of individuals to help problem-solve and make the work of the group successful and effective.
- Ability to present both self and ideas, orally or in writing, using knowledge and the perspective of the audience so that the information is understandable and accepted as credible.
- Ability to manage time and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Ability to educate and impart knowledge about the benefits of dairy foods in the context of a healthy diet.
- Ability and willingness to participate in media training and appear on live television or other channel of communication.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule duties independently in order to meet goals without direct supervision.
- Ability to work flexible hours including some weekends.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis including frequent overnight stays.
- Ability to travel to meeting and exhibit sites, lift up to 50lbs, and set up AV or other displays or equipment.
DAIRY MAX IS A NONPROFIT DAIRY COUNCIL REPRESENTING MORE THAN 900 DAIRY FARM FAMILIES ACROSS SEVEN STATES.
We’re a connected group of experts in dairy farming, education, health and wellness, and business, who are fanatical about the power of dairy. An affiliate of Dairy Management Inc. and National Dairy Council, Dairy MAX was founded in 1995 to represent dairy farmers across Texas, western Oklahoma, New Mexico and southwest Kansas. In 2018, the former Western Dairy Association – representing farmers across Colorado, Wyoming and Montana since 1936 – became part of the Dairy MAX family.
We regret it is not possible to communicate with candidates except those who most closely match our requirements. Thank you.
Dairy MAX is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.