The Head of Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) Strategy will be responsible for planning, implementing, and delivering health economics and outcomes research strategy including implementing innovative health outcomes research activities which produce scientific evidence and supporting product value propositions within the US Immunology Patient Value Unit (iPVU). Further, the incumbent will play a key role in developing the communication approach of value propositions and HEOR evidence to payors, policymakers and other population health stakeholders to achieve optimal education on relevant HEOR data.
• Leads the development and execution of HEOR strategic plans and studies to support patient access for the Immunology Patient Value Unit (PVU) in within a highly matrixed, team environment.
• Leads and enhances the HEOR function to drive product differentiation through real-world observational and claims data research and analytics.
• Directs execution of collaborative evidence generation projects in support of health economics, patient-reported outcomes, epidemiology, patient access and health policy.
• Develops disease and product specific economic models influential to US payor and provider organizations.
• Develops and executes HEOR projects including writing RFP, vendor selection, and management including budget.
• Collaborates with stakeholders to conduct initial interpretation of studies; Responsible for methodological interpretations, collaborating with Therapeutic Area (TA) Medical Directors as needed.
• Manages Immunology HEOR partners and oversee studies to generate intermediate dataset and output, reviewing and refining studies as needed.
• Collaborates with and works in alignment with the therapeutic area/product teams, as a core team member responsible for insuring that US-relevant economic and patient-reported outcome end-points are appropriately integrated into studies and that the results are appropriately compiled, analyzed, interpreted, and communicated.
• Develops high quality HEOR team of capable, technically skilled, motivated and properly directed people, in order to achieve the best patient access.
• Work within a multidisciplinary, matrixed organization to support the development and creation of evidence-generation strategies.
• Communicates HEOR/RWE study findings to internal (Executive Leadership, Area VPs, GMs etc.) and external (e.g., Payers, patient (advocacy groups) and KOLs etc.) audiences.
• Partners with development team to determine HEOR strategies including inclusion, analysis and validation of quality of life or patient reported outcomes in development plan.
• Operates at the highest level of UCB compliance and professional standards.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Master's degree (MPH, MS) in health services research, public health policy, epidemiology, economics, social psychology, medicine, pharmacy or statistics with medical training/experience in the conduct of econometric and patient-reported outcome research to evaluate the impact of health care interventions is required. Doctorate degree (Ph.D, PharmD, MD) preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in health services research, public health, epidemiology, or health economics. Pharmaceutical, Biotech, or medical device industry experience strongly preferred.
• Previous experience within the immunology therapeutic area, at least 1 year strongly preferred.
• Experience with large data-base analyses and use of patient-reported outcomes instruments is desired.
• Demonstrated success in contributing to multi-disciplinary teams including outcomes research, clinical research and marketing staff to support product marketing, reimbursement and formulary acceptance.
• Demonstrated ability to manage a significant volume of projects with exercise of good triage and judgment skills.
• Experience with negotiations with pricing authorities, institutional customers (employers, hospitals, managed care organizations, government) and fund holding authorities preferable.
• In-depth knowledge of the U.S. healthcare system, healthcare regulatory, reimbursement and policy environment/customers.
• Working knowledge of the methods of health economic analysis and their interpretation.
• Understanding of healthcare modeling principles and application of health economic models within healthcare systems.
• Understanding of the purpose, principles and application of Comparative effectiveness, Evidence-based medicine, and other medical technology evaluation initiatives relevant to the US market.
• Understanding the purpose, content/format, and utilization of American Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) and Global Value dossiers for formulary and/or reimbursement submission.
• Strong leadership capability with proven skills in team building, and motivating and developing people, is expected.
• Broad experience in collaborating with research partners and in managing multiple tasks and complex projects is expected.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate scientific evidence, with strong written and verbal presentation skills, is required.
Job Segment: Manager, Epidemiology, Immunology, Public Health, Biotech, Management, Healthcare, Science