The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the management of the Human Resource Department of GLCAC. As such the Director of HR guides and manages the overall provision of human resources, policies, and programs for the entire organization. This position oversees EEO compliance, and will enable the Agency to recruit, motivate, develop and retain a talented and diverse staff, and to better align labor and management issues and initiatives; manages all the personnel systems that support a growing organization with approximately 35,000 clients and an operating budget of approximately 33M.
- Establishes and leads the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Ensures that new employees are provided with appropriate orientation, development and training.
Development of the Human Resources Department
- Oversees the implementation of HR programs;
- Monitors the administration of HR procedures to establish standards;
- Identifies opportunities for improvement of HR management;
- Selects and supervises HR consultants, attorneys, and training specialist;
- Conducts continuing study of all HR policies, programs and practices to keep management informed of new developments;
- Develops and administers programs procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of GLCAC;
- Participates in executive, management and company staff meetings;
- Partners with management to communicate HR policies, procedures, programs and laws;
- Responsible to ensure that the personnel policies of the agency are up-dated as needed;
- Maintains the Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual for the GLCAC, Inc.
- Ensures that all evaluations are done in a timely and equitable manner.
Compensation and benefits administration
- Coordinates GLCACs use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrator and other related outside resources.
- Conducts on-going analysis to insure that GLCAC has the highest quality and most cost effective benefit package for all employees.
- Is in charge of the annual renewal of employee benefits and puts into place an extensive and educational health fair for all employees.
- Maintains an active employee assistance program.
- Maintains and manages FMLA procedures for the agency.
- Provides for employee safety, welfare, wellness and health.
- Consults as needed with staff and management regarding employee relations.
- Plans and develops the annual staff training day.
- Maintains an active role the Employee Enrichment Committee which facilitates employee events and moral building initiatives.
- Ensures various HR functions such as exit interviews, and dissemination of information to staff are met.
- Works closely with the Finance Department to ensure that payroll information is up to date.
- Works with senior management to anticipate Human Resource needs and to help set goals for the GLCAC, Inc. on all Human Resource matters.
- Provides staff support for the Personnel Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Provides guidance, development and leadership to the HR Specialist and Benefits Specialist.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelors degree with an emphasis in human resources, labor relations and/or public administration or closely related field strongly preferred.
- Broad Human Resources generalist experience, strong skills in communication, change management and goal orientation, extensive experience in compensation, benefits, Human Resources systems management and staff resources.
- Knowledge of legal and legislative practices in Massachusetts relative to human resources.
- Position requires a high level of accountability and an ability to make critical decisions and work to ensure the success of those decisions
- Must have a suitable CORI & SORI completed within the first thirty (30) days of employment.