Director of Human Resources
Dedicated Passionate Accountable Respectful
Who We Are
The Childrens Center is home to many specialized clinical services. We lead the way in working with children who struggle with behavioral, emotional, educational, intellectual and developmental challenges or may have experienced trauma.
We treat the whole child, looking at more than a single issue so we can provide the best, most comprehensive integrated care. We examine barriers in the home, school and community, working with the family who raises them and the organizations that support them.
A champion for our children
Our vision reflects our communitys changing needs for providing care and our evolving position as a leading authority on childrens mental and behavioral health: To champion the never-ending quest for providing the best care, helping children learn to self-advocate once theyre outside the comfort of our walls, and get them on the road to a happier, more fulfilling childhood.
Join The Childrens Center team! We are looking for our next great team member to leader our most important assetour people! We are looking for a highly qualified, results driven Director of HR to lead a 5 person HR department and be a strategic partner to our leadership team.
You will be responsible for our workforce management strategy for over 300 employees, HR department functional oversight, managing the talent on your team and supporting the TCC team and leadership in all things HR.
Our New Team Member Will Be:
- Personally accountable;
- Metrics driven;
- Rooted in a can do attitude;
- Mentally agile able to adapt to changing circumstances;
- Collaborative and get energy from working with others;
- A learner and enjoy staying abreast of both profession and industry;
- An influencer and a good example to others;
- A builder of relationships;
- Open to all perspectives and ways of thinkingbe non-judgmental;
- Possess a spirit of continuous improvement;
- Masters Degree in HR or business related field. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years building and leading an HR team.
- 5+ years experience as a strategic partner.
The Childrens Center is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from Detroit residents, women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community.