Director – Intensive Care Unit
Central Texas Medical Center
Location Address: 1301 Wonder World Dr., San Marcos, TX 78666
Top Reasons to Work At Central Texas Medical Center, San Marcos, TX
- Live in the Texas Hill Country that includes small towns and big appetites within a 30 minute drive to Austin and also includes living near the San Marcos River for tons of aquatic fun.
- Located near Colleges and Universities to expand your career by offering Tuition reimbursement and includes many low-cost living environment choices.
- CTMC's CREATION Health Institute was created to provide information, education, health screenings and events that emphasize a healthy lifestyle. Offerings such as HealthCheck, disease management, support groups, women's health, nutrition, healthy living for seniors and children's health are provided to the public for free or a minimal fee.
- LeapFrog grade “A” for patient safety and prides itself in safety for all patients, visitors and employees. Also, recognized for a 6th year of “Most Wired Health System”, Click here to review other prestigious awards: http://www.ctmc.org/about-us/awards-and-recognitions
- Support the spiritual state of mind of the patient by praying with them and educating families during visits to explain the important element of the healing process.
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Develops, implements and evaluates policies, standards, educational services, and programs that support the department.
· Quality Control: Ensures that quality control monitoring is performed consistently, i.e. wave testing done and documented, refrigerator and crash cart logs completed, actively participate preparing unit for surveys.
· Assists in developing and submitting budget assumptions for capital and annual budgets for the respective department.
· Initiates activities to enhance revenues and support cost reduction and containment activities.
· Initiates and/or participates in methods to reduce salary expenses (i.e. FTE reduction, skill mix changes, Overtime usage, PRN usage, Agency Usage, and census fluctuation).
· Shows evidence of productivity as measured by the goals of worked & paid FTE’s, and actively manages the overall department budget.
· Directly supervises all non-exempt (hourly) employees in assigned department.
What You Will Need:
· Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
· At least 3 years of related experience and/or training in progressive care/telemetry nursing
· Three or more years’ experience as a nursing manager and/or Nursing Director
· Current certificate in BLS
· Current certificate in ACLS
· Current license as an RN in the state of Texas or Multistate
· This position plays a key role in emergency in preparedness/response at CTMC, and this position is required to complete the NIMS training courses for Healthcare within 90 days of hire: NIMS 100, 200, 700 & 800 certification.
· Experience with Joint Commission and regulatory standards
· Knowledge of cardiac and pediatric standards of care
· Demonstrates ability to perform proficient IV skills and airway management.
· Ability to keep neat, accurate, and concise records.
· Effective interpersonal and patient contact skills.
· Demonstrates knowledge of pediatric and cardiac medications and telemetry functions.
· Able to function in designated work areas within the identified areas of pediatric and cardiac
· Able to anticipate the needs of co-workers and patients
· Must have basic computer software experience in MS Word, Excel, Office, and Outlook
Responsible and accountable for daily operations, and has authority for the ongoing operation, sustainability, and enhancement of their assigned units.
To ensure the provision of the highest quality nursing services, regardless of the age, disability, economic status, gender, national origin, race, religion or health problems of the client served. Associate remains flexible to changing systems, is expected to demonstrate quality and effectiveness in work habits and treats staff, physician, patients and families with consideration and respect.