Director of EHS Marketing and Training
This Director level position leads compliance and regulatory activities for North America, with a primary role of translating safety regulations into understandable concepts for industrial EHS and business professionals. The Director collaborates with sales and marketing to clearly articulate key concepts to the market, ensuring my client is perceived as a leading and trusted expert on safety and environmental compliance by safety associations, customers, and channel partners. Communication will primarily be via articles, white papers, webinars, regional association presentations, industry trade event presentations, and sales tools, among other activities. The Director works closely with the regulatory engineer to remain current on regulatory developments at OSHA, FM, NFPA, ANSI, etc.
- Translate the safety and environmental regulatory compliance into a language that industrial professionals can understand.
- Understanding and knowledge of all applicable codes, regulations and product standards for North America, including: FM, OSHA, NFPA, ANSI, etc.
- Maintain a knowledge of proposed regulatory changes to influence those regulations and prepare the organization and customers for the impact of those changes.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop technology software as a self-help tool for customers to identify safety and compliance needs.
- Design an education and certification program for the sales team, channel partners, EHS firms, and insurance inspectors to solidify and document their knowledge on key regulations, as well as the sales and audit tool kits, ensuring expert support in the field.
- Ability to develop presentation decks regarding compliance, safety and regulatory business challenges, and deliver those presentations at association conferences and trade shows.
- Participate with marketing in the development of monthly webinars to further educate our customers, end users, code officials and other industrial safety leaders.
- Write or oversee the development of articles, white papers, and webinars as it relates to safety, compliance and regulation to be published in industry related publications.
- Gain and maintain certifications that further express the expertise and credibility of the position.
- Bachelor's degree Environmental Engineering, Industrial Hygienist or other sustainability degrees from an accredited educational institution
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in EHS positions as it relates to industrial safety and compliance. Experience in creating, implementing, and maintaining EHS programs in a manufacturing environment.
- Industry certifications and professional accreditations as related to environmental, health and safety such as OSHA, CSP, CIH, NFPA-UFC, ANSI-Eye-Face, etc.
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Business acumen – possess insight to relate products to customer need to meet compliance requirements
- Self-sufficient – passion and ability to create quality materials to support the responsibilities of the role.
- Passion for environmental and safety compliance
- Initiator and self-starter
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple obligations; meet deadlines while under pressure; self-discipline
- Technical savvy to assist in the selection and implementation of technology for self-help, on-line tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – experience in developing PowerPoint presentations
- Team player – flexible, able to adjust to shifting priorities; positive “can-do” attitude
- Ability to travel up to 35% to 50% of the time
- Association with ISEA on various ANSI Committees is desirable
- ISO 9001, 14001, 45001
- GEMS (Global Emergency Management System)
- Six Sigma Black Belt
WHAT CANDIDATES SAY ABOUT THIS RECRUITER:
I was very impressed with Nate’s attention to detail and making sure I had as much information and guidance as possible prior to my phone interview. His comments helped understand the employer’s perspective better.
Bruce, Chief Operating Officer in Kentucky