Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and self-motivated Director of Information Technology based in our Minneapolis, MN facility.
This unique role has dual reporting lines to the Packaging Platform VP of IT and to the Divisional President. It sits on the President’s divisional Global Leadership Team (GLT). Working closely with the Platform VP of IT , as well as Barry-Wehmiller’s IT support teams, this role is responsible for optimizing the planning and implementation of IT systems and processes that support Divisional and Platform initiatives – and that are in broad alignment with those of Barry-Wehmiller – to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and overall business development.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leadership: Work closely with the Divisional President, business leaders, and process owners to understand current business processes and the improvements needed. Define projects that address needs and coordinate divisional and Platform resources to achieve optimized business solutions. Drive systems and process improvements to support more effective and efficient systems/tools for the Division. Assume a lead role in establishing divisional IT strategies for systems and process advances that support global business strategies for growth and performance improvement.
- Strategy: Work closely with the President, business leaders, and Platform leaders as a resource, a sounding board, and a technology advisor to align Divisional Vision, Financial plans, and IT budgets while identifying synergies and joint initiatives across the Platform. Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans/roadmaps for enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies. Work with IT leaders across Barry-Wehmiller to allocate the resources and people to meet the needs of the business.
- Divisional Initiatives: Manage IT planning – including business requirements and project planning – and be the Divisional liaison and advocate in the allocation of Platform resources. Develop roadmaps, coordinate and facilitate divisional resources to optimize business processes, implement shared services, enhance usage of systems, leverage IT resources, and drive improved overall performance. Monitor and escalate IT support needs as required.
- Technology: Provide visibility into technology that could be leveraged by the business. Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts working in concert with Platform and Barry-Wehmiller to capitalize on economies of scale and maintain consistency.
- Project Management/Compliance: Establish and maintain regular communications with business leaders and end users regarding IT activities including plans, formal policies, and standards for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems. Interpret divisional needs, define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation. Develop and review IT budgets to ensure they comply with stated goals, guidelines, and upgrade requirements.
- Various: M&A support, lead strategic Platform IT initiatives to drive leverage and synergies across divisions, and participate in/lead LEAN practices and projects.
- Communicates Effectively
- Balances Stakeholders
- Drives Engagement and Results
- Instills Trust
- Manages Ambiguit
- Srategic Mindset
- Business Insight
- Global Perspective
- Drives Vision and Purpose
- Decision Quality
- Action Oriented Results
Required Qualifications and Skills: the following are required for success in this role:
- A successful blend of entrepreneurial disposition and established business experience to effectively lead team members through the implementation of strategic projects.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or business administration and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in IT and business leadership.
- Executive presence, dynamic interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and integrity with excellent team building and change management skills, with skillset to recruit, train, coach, and mentor top-quality team members.
- Strong problem-solving skills, an empathetic diplomatic demeanor, strategic thinking skills for assessing needs and recommending changes.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development with a good technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards, including Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare, SQL, and Infor.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management in a global manufacturing and multi-business/entity environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written that can convey a message that is clear and concise with proper direction.
- Regular domestic and periodic international travel will be required.
THE FOLLOWING EXPERIENCES WILL DIFFERENTIATE TOP CANDIDATES:
- Developed a digital strategy to enhance the overall customer experience
- Deployed eCommerce and mobile solutions to build customer loyalty and grow sales
- Working knowledge of new tools in digital experience and customer experience
- Strong understanding of digital marketing principles
- Knowledge of best practices and trends in digital channels for sales and customer feedback such as social media, chatbots, ecommerce, websites, SEO, and digital advertising
- Driving business process improvements by leveraging systems such as CRM and Field Service
- 2+ years of experience working with Microsoft Dynamics
- Typically sits, grasps items, and performs keyboarding for regular operation of a computer
- Stand, walk, bend, reach or otherwise move about regularly
- Occasional exposure to typical machine shop physical hazards
- Domestic travel by air, bus, train, and/or automobile
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters in a typical office environment. Requires occasional weekend and evening work and occasional overnight and international travel.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Company:Packaging Platform Corporate