Hospitality Furnishings and Design, Inc, A family friendly Leader in Hospitality Interior Design, Procurement and Project Management seeks a Director of Interior Design. Our professional associates enjoy a close knit environment of caring, conscientious team members who strive to make our work environment a fun and enjoyable place.
Come lead and join our Team!
Our Directors position presents an excellent opportunity for a passionate, driven individual to develop and shape our interior design staff while simultaneously elevating our design product.
- Elevates design output through systematic coaching and instruction.
- Drives creativity and conceptual learning for custom design projects.
- Develops team presentation skills for clients and brands.
- Identifies weaknesses and deficiencies, create and oversee successful outcomes for identified issues.
- Learns HFD processes and assists in change management toward successful outcomes.
- Adheres to agreed upon timelines and project completion dates.
- Sees their role as important and critical to the success of our company.
- Is accountable to self and company for all associates and functions of department.
- Protects company, self and associates from failure.
- Stays current with new trends, methods and values.
- Periodic travel may be required.
- Must re-locate to Pittsburgh area.
Job skills & qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Interior Design or similar.
- At least 5+ years of related experience in the industry. Experience within the hospitality industry with Up-scale Boutique, Delta, Marriott, Ritz-Carlton Hotels and Resorts, Autograph Collections a plus.
- Effective communication, management and presentation skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Expertise in layout, color, lighting and material selections.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, 3D Max or other design programs.
- NCIDQ Certification preferred
commensurate to experience