NVR has been helping families build their happily ever after since 1948. As a Top 5 US homebuilder, we’re committed to quality and to our customers and we take pride in the nearly 400,000 new homes we have sold and built across the country. Working in the homebuilding industry is tangible and rewarding, but not every job at NVR requires a hard hat. We don’t just sell and build new homes; we also manage teams, acquire land, manufacture materials, provide mortgages to our customers, and provide corporate support to NVR’s multi-billion dollar business operations.
As Director of Internal Audit you will be responsible for assisting the VP of Internal Audit in ensuring a comprehensive and professional appraisal of the company’s system of internal controls. Plans audit activities, assesses business risks, both operationally and financially, and directs efforts to the areas of highest risk or where the greatest opportunities for improvements or efficiencies exist.
- Operational Audit management
- Select and schedule locations to be audited
- Manage planning, performance and reporting of internal audits
- Review audit work papers and reports
- Oversee execution of Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 related audits
- Manage annual risk assessment in connection with the development of the audit plan
- Serve as Internal Audit liaison with Homebuilding and Mortgage operations
- Staff management
- Conduct regular coaching of Internal Audit staff
- Ensure staff is cross trained
- Review and comment of proposed new company policies
- CPA or CIA, MBA is a plus
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in an environment where priorities and needs change quickly
- Proven experience managing a staff of professionals and training and developing employees
- Highly driven, self-managed individual who demonstrates initiative and proactively seeks solutions to problems
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven ability to interact effectively and manage relationships with business area leaders, executive management
- Good problem analysis and critical thinking experience. Being able to understand both the high level business need / impact and the detailed requirements is a must
Life at NVR
At NVR, your desire to excel is matched by our commitment to your success and we’ll give you the tools and industry knowledge you need. Our management team is tenured and talented, nearly 80% of them promoted from within, so you’ll find mentors who can share their knowledge, provide career guidance and encourage your success.
NVR also offers benefits among the best in the industry that reflect the strong commitment we have to all of our employees.
- Competitive Compensation
- Home Purchase Discount
- Mortgage and Settlement Services Discounts
- Comprehensive Health, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) (Full-time employees are eligible to contribute immediately)
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Vacation and Holidays
In addition to the traditional benefits, we offer all our employees stock ownership through a profit sharing trust as part of our retirement savings package. NVR has had the highest Earnings Per Share growth rate in the homebuilding industry for the past 10 years, so as we grow financially, so do you.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug Testing and Credit Check are required.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the United States, as NVR does not provide visa sponsorships.