At Lovesac we believe you should be free to live the life you love and thatwe should all live in Total Comfort. From Sactionals � The World�s Most Adaptable Couch�, to Sacs � The World�s Most Comfortable Seat�, Lovesac products are durable, changeable, and truly designed for life. Our founder�s philosophy, Designed for Life�, demands that our products are both built to last a lifetime and designed to evolve with our ever-changing lives. It�s an uncompromising approach to achieving true sustainability.
As the Director of Loss Prevention, you will be responsible for:
- Proactively assess and manage all security/loss prevention/asset protection issues for the Company. The team works closely with senior executives and decision-makers company-wide to provide advice and recommendations which further the Company's business objectives and minimize loss and risk.
- Collaborate effectively across the Company, partnering closely with leadership across all channels, both internal and external clients, and law enforcement when necessary. The position demands a substantial amount of independence; however, the successful candidate will operate as part of a close-knit team of supportive, open, and friendly professionals.
At Lovesac we are committed to living and succeeding by incorporating our Guiding Principles:
We can all win together
Doing less and doing better
We�re borrowing this earth from our children
The couch is the new kitchen table
Summary of Key Job Responsibilities:
In cooperation with executive leadership, direct the development and implementation of an effective strategy to mitigate risk, reduce loss, maintain continuity of operations, and safeguard the corporation's associates, customers, and assets.
- Meet or exceed all goals and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Direct the organization's investigative needs, including providing investigative support for internal or external partners.
- Investigative support may include:
- Misstatement or falsification of records
- Loss of assets (including confidential and proprietary information)
- Violations of policy or the WSI Code of Conduct
- Violence or threats of violence
- Conflicts of interest
- Ethical standards
- Illegal activities
- Litigation support
- Other issues as directed by leadership
- Misuse of assets including electronic and information systems
- Ensure that investigations are conducted in a manner consistent with organizational values and within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Conduct sensitive investigations personally at the direction of the CEO, President, CFO or VP of People.
- Provide the necessary security to maintain the confidentiality of investigative records, documents, or devices on legal hold, and any confidential or privileged information shared with, or in use by, the LP Department.
- Investigative support may include:
- Strengthen the organization's control environment by:
- Participating in activities targeted at improving internal controls.
- Recommending new or additional controls when risks are identified.
- Supporting, when and as needed, Lovesac�s external auditors.
- Supporting our other internal partners (i.e., Finance and Accounting, Technology, Showroom Operations, Supply Chain Operations, within the guidelines of our working relationship.
- Providing other control-related services or guidance as needed.
- Build relationships with other leaders and departments to facilitate cooperation and shared objectives for the protection of our associates, customers, assets, and profitability.
- Develop relationships with law enforcement and private sector counterparts to facilitate exchange of information relevant to the prevention of loss, and identification of and reduction of risk.
- Through subordinate managers, coordinate and implement policies, procedures, operations, and activities to ensure the protection of associates, customers, visitors, and organizational assets.
- In cooperation with leadership, develop, propose, and operate the department within the approved budget.
- Support the continued growth and professional development of the LP Team.
- Carry out other responsibilities as assigned by leadership.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with both business partners and the team.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor�s Degree required Business Administration or similar concentration.
- MBA a plus.
- Must have a minimum of 5-10 years� experience in a related Corporate Retail environment including hands on, demonstrated Loss Prevention experience.
- Must be results driven and utilize knowledge to meet or exceed KPIs and goals.
- Must have proven time management skills and quickly adapts to a changing business environment.
- Able to prioritize responsibilities with the appropriate level of urgency, able to listen and can use this information to solve problems, anticipate issues and make correct decisions based on a variety of situations.
- Must take accountability and responsibility for your actions.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines consistently.
- Must have superior communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal skills; able to listen effectively to solve problems, anticipate issues and make effective decisions.
- Able to communicate in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Maintains the highest level of customer service, creating solutions and experiences that drive business results and engagement with the brand.
- Must work collaboratively with fellow employees, treating all clients, both internal and external with dignity and respect at all times.
- Proficiency required utilizing Microsoft Office: Word, Excel &PowerPoint, NetSuite a plus.
- Must comply with the standards, policies and procedures outlined in the Lovesac Employee Handbook.
- Consistent ability to work in an office environment and regularly report to work at Corporate Headquarters or designated showroom.
- Must be capable of using and operating all equipment as required, including but not limited to: iPad, laptop, etc. Be able to move objects (including medium to large furniture items up to 75 pounds) from a lower to a higher position or horizontally from position-to-position or be able to assemble furniture while working on the selling floor or in our warehouse.
- Must be able to travel, as required by the Company in its sole discretion, for occasional meetings and conferences using various forms of transportation.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and exemplify The Lovesac Values:
Lovesac Core Values -
Willing to sweep the floors
Aspirational Values �
Only �A� Players
Table-Stakes Values �
Accidental Values �
Making it happen
Our stores including our website are open seven days a week and require morning, evening, weekend and holiday availability.