LUMA - Built for Puerto Rico
We rely on electricity every day. We need it to run our appliances, power the streetlights and produce the goods and services that drive our economy.At LUMA we are committed to provide Puerto Rico with electricity that we all can depend on. At LUMA, we put people first — our employees, our customers and the communities where we live and work. We encourage and inspire our people to embrace opportunities as they work to build an electricity system that will make Puerto Rico a better place.If you're looking for a career where you can make a tangible difference in the lives of your neighbors and your community, LUMA is the place for you. LUMA offers new jobs designed to respond to the current and future needs of the T&D system. Together we're transforming the island's electric transmission and distribution system, and energizing Puerto Rico. Please note that these new jobs with LUMA offer different terms and conditions of employment to those currently in place with PREPA.We will schedule interviews with all qualified PREPA candidates. All PREPA applicants will receive priority in hiring and a compensation package equal to or better than what they receive today. In order to receive notifications as additional positions and locations are posted, please create a profile on our career site.
About the Position
The DOM has the overall responsibility for airworthiness and maintenance of all the aircraft in accordance with applicable CFR's. He is also held responsible to the FAA for full compliance with all applicable CFRs and this FAA-accepted GMM. While the DOM has a responsibility to manage the Maintenance Department as efficiently and economically as practical, the primary responsibility is the safety and regulatory compliance of aircraft and maintenance personnel.
What will you get up to everyday?
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures to be followed by all maintenance personnel
- Assure the necessary personnel, tools, and equipment are available for all required aircraft maintenance
- Establish and enforce maintenance safety and security policies consistent with industry standards and regulations. Participate in the Safety Management Systems program
- Meet daily with the Production Supervisor to coordinate maintenance functions
- Coordinate with the Operations Department to provide current aircraft status and forecast down time
- Act as the company FAA representative regarding all areas of aircraft maintenance
- Coordinate with HR department in all issues pertaining to Maintenance personnel, such as, but not limited to evaluations, morale, disciplinary actions, compensation, and commendations
- Oversee and foster the aircraft refurbishment program
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Perform major storm restoration work and associated drills as assigned
- Follow all policies and procedures
What We are Hoping You Bring to LUMA
LUMA's culture is rooted in the concept of People First, Safety Always. We want your knowledge and expertise to pair with LUMA's globally recognized experts in numerous fields such as customer service, field workforce development, high-voltage transmission engineering, distributed energy resources and mini/micro grid integration. Our employees receive substantial training and development, as well as opportunities for advancement and success. Within our People First, Safety Always culture, we're committed to offering continuous learning opportunities and career-long support for our employees.
- Highschool Diploma or GED
- High school graduate.
- Minimum five years of experience in aircraft maintenance, one year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
- Thorough working knowledge of the applicable Code of Federal Regulations CFRs.
Exam Requirements (passed the following exam required for the class of aircraft being maintained):
- a. Knowledge Assessment
- b.Passed a medical examination
- Current FAA Mechanic Certificate with both Airframe and Power Plant ratings.
An Inspection Authorization is a plus, but not required for this position.
More Details on what to expect with this position at LUMA
- Stationary Position: Frequently
- Pushing/ Pulling/ Reaching: Constantly
- Climb: Constantly
- Kneel: Constantly
- Grab: Constantly
- Bend: Constantly
- Lift/ Carry over: Over 51 LBS
- Vision: 20/20 Corrected
- Hearing: Understanding sounds required for operating vehicle
- Wet or humid: Constantly
- Working near or on moving mechanical parts: Constantly
- Working near or on heavy machinery: Constantly
- Working in high places: Frequently
- Exposed to fumes or airborne particles: Frequently
- Exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals: Seldom
- Frequency of working in outdoor weather conditions: Constantly
- Work with electricity: N/A
- Work with explosives: N/A
- Work on or near a source of radiation: N/A
- Loud Noise conditions (abover 87 db): Frequently
- Other environmental factors including weather conditions:
We are looking forward to seeing your application!
You made it to the end of the job posting! Thank you for expressing interest in LUMA and taking the time to read all the details of this position. We encourage you to apply and give us the opportunity to get to know you better through the recruitment process. Together, we're energizing the people of Puerto Rico.
Note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, working conditions, physical demands, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.LUMA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.