Our goal at Elkay is to inspire everyday – customers, employees…and the employees of tomorrow. We focus on doing the right thing so we can be in business forever. Our values-driven culture emphasizes investing in people and treating them like part of the family. We’re financially-stable and privately-owned with a solid reputation for ethics, integrity, giving back, and providing an engaging, inclusive environment where careers flourish and grow. Our people are proud to work for Elkay.
And the feeling is mutual – because it’s Elkay’s people who really give us our edge. We empower our employees to take the lead in delivering Elkay’s exceptional customer experience. Our commitment to our people and their professional development is a recipe for success that has fueled our growth from a three-person shop in 1920 to one of today’s leading international suppliers of plumbing, water delivery and branded commercial interiors. If you’re ready for a new career challenge where everything you do will make a difference, talk to us about joining the Elkay family.
At Elkay Interior Systems, we are the growing organization that does the beautiful design work, furniture, fixturing and millwork for McDonalds and other premiere global clients!
Reporting to the General Manager of North America, the Director of Manufacturing Operations of our Elkay Interior Systems business provides strategic vision, leadership and direction for all manufacturing, supply chain and production control operations to ensure the reliable supply of high-quality products to our customer base. Oversee and assume responsibility for Manufacturing, Logistics, Procurement, Plant Engineering (product and process), Quality, Maintenance, Safety and Environmental Health for our North America operation, located in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. Ours is a non-union plant, comprised of 100+ people. Overarching objective is to drive improvement in overall profitability.
Specific duties include:
- Establish and implement key performance measures and metrics to monitor progress, drive corrective action, and focus on continuous process improvement (Lean).Lead, develop, engage and grow team. Foster strong team and individual development, and drive culture of accountability and collaboration.
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies to meet organizational performance plans and budgets.
- Generate and manage all manufacturing budgets and capital expenditures.
- Research, analyze and implement specific cost reduction/process improvement initiatives.
- Continually seek out ways to streamline processes and improve on work flow; this includes but is not limited to new technologies, new equipment, new processes, new functional areas or modifying functional areas, continuous on-going improvement of methods and processes, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform job duties in a manner that maintains compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of data in MRP/ERP system (input and issuance from inventory, labor reporting, startup of RFQ and quoting modules, etc.). Our ERP system is Epicor.
- Work daily in ERP system, work with teams and departments in and on ERP system.
- Work daily with company’s Latin America and Asia global manufacturing partners, distribution facilities, and outsource partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, operations, business or related field strongly preferred, with a Master’s degree a plus.
- 10+ years of progressively more responsible manufacturing operations experience required.
- Furniture industry background preferred.
- Experience as a Plant Manager, Director of Operations or Operations Manager role in a custom manufacturing/made-to-order product environment required.
- Strategic procurement and sourcing, logistics and engineering experience strongly preferred.
- Exceptional leadership skills essential. Demonstrated hands-on approach with staff, strong coaching skills and a “factory floor presence” are required. Strong track record of leading and developing staff required. Strong change leadership skills a must.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills required. Demonstrated record of success with strategy formulation, execution and results essential.
- Strong knowledge of Lean Manufacturing required.
- P&L and budgeting experience required. Strong business acumen a must.
- Travel up to 25% (domestic and international travel required); ability to travel and work together with the plant locations, customers, and suppliers to resolve complex problems involving processes or materials required.
- Excellent communication, training and presentation skills essential.
- Strong project management skills/ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously required.
- Bi-lingual skills in Spanish a plus.