Oversees the management of all aspects of facility operations: production, warehousing, QA, Sanitation and Engineering department to attain maximum efficiency of the operation while attaining a food and Employee safe environment. . Additional responsibilities will include but not limited to: Food & Employee Safety, P&L Management, USDA, FDA and Local regulatory Management. Responsible for achieving optimum labor and the least amount of overhead and raw material costs. Ensure shipping/receiving functions at manufacturing plants are operating at levels which meet customers' needs and established financial benchmarks. Formulates and recommends manufacturing policies and programs which guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation. Directs activities so that approved products are manufactured on scheduled and within quality standards and cost objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages all plant activities to ensure that production is produced in a food safe manner meeting all FDA, USDA, HARP C and FSMA guidelines while achieving timely customer deliveries.
- Drive a workplace safety culture
- Active and aggressive P&L management
- Ensures standards for product quality, equipment, and operator performance are maintained and that cost-effective technology is used to maximize production. Ensures fixed assets are preserved. Initiates recommendations on purchases of new equipment and improvements to plant property.
- Develops, monitors, and reports on operating costs within functional areas. Alerts management of cost and labor over run, Makes recommendations and implements solutions to problems related to same.
- Ensures orders are manufactured according to specifications and quality standards are met.
- Advises plant managers on labor issues including safety, security, employee relations, scheduling, training, grievances and the like. Ensures plant managers and supervises are adhering to company policy and administering practices in fair and equitable manner.
- Manages budget and controls expenses, effectively.
- Hires, trains, develop, and appraise staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Interact with HDQ support departments to meet facility goals
- Exceptional knowledge of Food Safety, Employee Safety and Lean Operating Principles
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Strong sense of ownership
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in a field of operations or supply chain; and
- Seven (7) to Ten (10) years of experience running a manufacturing organization
- Strong Knowledge of USDA & FDA requirements
- Working Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Practices
- Strong Computer and interpersonal skills