As the Director of Communications, you will have exceptional communication skills and passionately believe in the Arbonne Brand DNA which includes living a healthy lifestyle, loving healthy products being environmentally responsible and a champion of the direct selling channel. The Director of Communications will define our consumer facing editorial focus and create incredible story telling through campaigns, strong omni channel communication platforms of which the majority is digitally oriented.
As the Director of Communications, you will have a strategic and hands-on approach and will oversee the following functions: PR/corporate communications in conjunction with our external agency, Social Media, campaign development and project management specific to delivering a comprehensive 360-degree campaign in multiple channels working closely with creative, copy and brand.
• Responsible for developing a sophisticated, impactful and multi-channel story mining and storytelling system that will advance the company’s awareness and engagement• Set the PR strategy and execution in conjunction with our external agency and communicate out to our international locations• Develop and lead long-term strategic communications plans for all categories/products, platforms and capabilities.• Oversees the upstream communications process to align the business and function against future narrative, capturing insights from the cross-functional teams and working across the Global Communications leadership team to inform positioning, strategy and support.
• Forge strategic relationships + parnerships.• Works directly with teammates and executive leadership across global product and innovation teams, global brand innovation, legal, business teams and the global communications function.• Must continuously improve the quality, relevance, creativity and authenticity of both internal and external storytelling.• Develop highly creative and effective content and distribution strategies for company stories across owned, digital, online and social media channels. • Work in close partnership with other Corporate Communications and Marketing functions including media relations management, multi-media and events, brand marketing, and corporate social responsibility to aggregate content ideas, align messages and news flow and fully leverage, amplify and publicize story development and curated content.• Play lead role in the redevelopment and ongoing management and governance of key corporate digital assets, including company intranets, enterprise Web sites, social media platforms and, in partnership with the media relations management team, the company’s online digital newsroom.• Work with your team to develop holistic communications plans in support of Arbonne’s strategic priorities• Manage all proactive and reactive media inquiries related to product categories• Manage external agency partner relationships and budgets• Partner closely with VP Brand on the development of category consumer definition, positioning and annual marketing plan for all levels of consumer facing activation• Lead the creation of monthly, quarterly and annual category communication direction, construct and approve all level of category creative and strategy briefing to partners, vendors and markets.• Track the success of marketing communications efforts within key markets, subsidiaries and countries to ensure learning’s and future implementation
Qualified Candidates will meet the minimum requirements as listed below in addition will need to be adept at creating strong communications strategies and plans, incorporating input from a diverse range of internal stakeholders and then leading their integration across the business to elevate Arbonne’s awareness.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or Journalism and at least 8 years of experience in progressively more responsible roles in enterprise communications, digital communications, public relations, and/or corporate communications• Minimum of 10 years of professional experience, preferably including experience working at an agency and in a corporate environment• Demonstrated success in developing content including press releases, social media, white papers, blogs, and presentations• Ability to develop compelling communication strategies with clear and measurable goals• A creative storyteller and versatile writer, with an ability to focus on key themes based on audience and category segment• Fluent in all aspects of internal and external communications, from executive speechwriting to media relations, digital and social media• Expert media relations skills, with a high degree of comfort working with consumer and business press• Experience serving as an external spokesperson• Experience managing multiple external agency partners• Strong business acumen and knowledge of the eCommerce environment, media landscape and an ability to distill trends into communication implications, ideally in the beauty, nutrition and/or skincare space.• Strong understanding of social media, including influencer marketing, and its intersection with traditional media and consumer perceptions• Must be highly collaborative, a strong strategic and analytic thinker, able to influence across the business with the ability to manage multiple and competing priorities. • Message development that leverages multiple platforms including digital, video, mobile and social media. Experience in podcasts is a plus• Ability to build and cultivate key relationships internally with multiple business partners, and work well in a cross-functional, cross-geographical and cross-category matrix organizational structure
• A passion for skincare, cosmetics, beauty, or nutrition industry, the future of eCommerce and the consumer• Experience in messaging / communications for a physical/digital retail organization• Experience in messaging / communications for CPG• Experience working on high profile, global consumer brands• Deep understanding of both evolving consumer communications environment and digital landscape
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Merchandise Discounts
- Free Food and Coffee
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Schedules
- Flexible Spending Accounts