• Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of five to seven years of experience in membership organizations or relevant experience
• Oral and Written Communication abilities: expresses ideas and facts in a clear and understandable manner appropriate for the audience; has demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues and communicate effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders.
• Technical computer skills: uses Microsoft Office software, customer relationship management systems, and social networking tools.
• Project Management: formulates short- and long-term project goals, objectives, schedules, and priorities in-line with council goals; anticipates obstacles or opportunities that may impact plans or actions; ability to coordinate multiple projects while managing conflicting priorities and deadlines.
• Judgment and Decision-Making: recognizes when immediate action is required and when enough information has been obtained to make a decision; makes decisions where appropriate or refers decisions to the appropriate organizational level.
• Sales Ambition and Drive: understands the sales process and management of leads. Sets ambitious goals and energetically and confidently drives to achieve those goals. Recognizes opportunities to “close” and has demonstrated ability to ask for the business/customer transaction.
• Marketing Knowledge: has demonstrated knowledge of the basic principles of marketing (for example, market identification and segmentation).
• Team Building: knows team-building techniques and processes; collaborates with others to create optimal solutions; promotes partnerships between work units; collaboratively defines boundaries and outcomes of work responsibilities; shares information with others; recognizes and rewards team accomplishments.
• Budget Administration: understands and applies budgeting principles to accurately prepare, integrate, and report on project and/or operational budgets.
• Customer Responsiveness: seeks and acknowledges the views and ideas from customers; follows through with customers in a timely manner; maintains commitment to continuous improvement.
• Membership in GSUSA is required.
• Frequent sittings, standing, walking, bending, and twisting upper body.
• Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Capable of viewing computer monitor for long periods.
• Continuous indoor activity and exposure to fluorescent lighting.
• Frequent exposure to the outdoor elements and conditions.
• Frequent exposure to computer, video, and other copier emissions.
OTHER WORKING CONDITIONS
• Continuous requirement for professional demeanor and appropriate office attire.
• A criminal background check is required.
• Continuous work as a team member and ability to work independently with some supervision.
• Frequent work under stress and pressure from deadlines with overlapping projects.
• Continuous ability to work well with others.
• Ability to travel and maintain a flexible work schedule.
Important Note: The information contained in this job description is intended to outline the general nature and scope of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. It is not intended to be construed as a contract, or as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and capabilities required of a person employed in this capacity. Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of the Council.
Girl Scouts of Central Texas is an EOE employer.