Director of Molecular and Genomic Pathology
New York City Metropolitan region: Sant Consulting has recently been engaged to conduct a nationwide search for an experienced Molecular Genetic Pathologist. The candidate must be board certified in Molecular Genetic Pathology and 3 plus years of clinical practice experience.
- Extensive experience in complex diagnostic molecular testing techniques, including hands-on experience with Next-Generation Sequencing assays.
- Proven experience in clinical molecular assay design, validation, and implementation under CAP and NYS DOH requirements.
- Experience in clinical laboratory budget development and cost management.
- Experience in lean workflow and production schedule in pre-, post, and analytical clinical laboratory operations.
- Experience in developing Quality Management Program for Clinical NGS testing.
- Experience in LIS and LIMS management for Clinical NGS testing and familiarity with integration of NGS informatics pipelines and software.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Must work effectively with an interdisciplinary team of scientists, physicians, lab technologists.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, enthusiasm and initiative on a daily basis.
- Must have ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Experience with CPT coding and reimbursement with commercial and governmental payors
- Strong ability to develop business relationships and communicate effectively with the user community, peers and supervisors.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent client interaction communication skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent and proven problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Works effectively with others to accomplish goals.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Board-certified or eligible in Clinical Molecular Genetics and Genomics by the American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ABMGG) and/or American Board of Pathology with Molecular Genetic Pathology fellowship training in ACGME-accredited institution (Requires PhD, MD, or DO), and/or
- Board-certified or eligible as a High-complexity Clinical Laboratory Director (HCLD), in Molecular Diagnostics by the American Board of Bioanalysis (ABB), and
- New York State licensure or qualifications to obtain NYS license
- As above
- Light to moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs.)
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
- Occasional carrying, pushing, and pulling of objects.
- Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking.
- Extensive computer work.
- Frequent use of telephone and fax.
Contact Rich Cornell for additional information;