The Director of Real Estate Loan Operations’ role is to improve the financial lives of our fire family to ensure firefighters everywhere are proud members of Firefighters First Credit Union.The Director is responsible for maintaining operational excellence. Areas of responsibility include underwriting, funding, closing, and overseeing all loan origination system settings to ensure regulatory compliance. As a leader, the director sets the objectives, delivers services, and manages for results through his/her team. The director also ensures that the team is appropriately staffed and employees have the necessary training and resources to successfully perform their work.
- Encouraging team members to focus on improving the financial lives of our fire family by empowering them to take full ownership of their role and responsibilities.
- Holding team accountable to meeting all service level agreements, ensuring the team’s work is accurate/efficient, and providing coaching, feedback, or training as needed.
- Creating and contributing to department and organizational business plan goals.
- Ensuring excellent member experience through streamlining and automating processes.
- Providing support to the Sales team to ensure the department is delivering Legendary Service.
- Evaluating and delivering value-added products and services to members.
- Leading change in department by identifying opportunities for improvement to consistently enhance service levels.
- Creating/evaluating and updating policies and procedures to ensure the department is current with all regulations.
- Driving technology enhancements and innovation to maximize efficiency while enhancing the member experience.
- Providing reports on key departmental metrics and leveraging the reports to support our member’s finances.
- Developing and implementing processes and practices to minimize the Credit Union’s risk/exposure and to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Reviewing documentation requests, gathering information, and providing information to examiners, and internal and external auditors.
- Reviewing auditor findings and taking appropriate actions to remedy and/or prevent future findings.
- Perform basic office functions such as answering phones, copying papers, assembling reports, and sending and receiving correspondence.
- Work on other assignments to support the credit union’s efforts to deliver value-added products and services to members.
- Participate on project teams by providing specialized knowledge, skills, or resources to progress the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field.
- Registered in the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
- Lending Compliance coursework or Certification.
- Experience managing prefunding or post-closing audit functions.
- Experience using Fiserv’s DNA software.
- Experience using Mortgagebot (Finastra’s) and CoreLogic strongly preferred.
Firefighters First Federal Credit Union is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, age, gender, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Firefighters First Credit Union is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 323-550-2214.
Mortgage Loan Officer