Charleston Surgical Hospital, a physician owned hospital, is seeking a Director of Nursing in a fast paced environment. The Director of Nursing is responsible for all aspects of nursing care delivery in the facility.
The Director of Nursing will plan, organize, develop and direct operations of nursing services to ensure highest degree of patient care in accordance with all laws, regulations and Healthcare standards.
Directs and coordinates the overall functions of the Nursing Department. Promotes quality by incorporating current research findings, nationally recognized professional standards, and other expert literature into policies and procedures for the provision of nursing care, treatment and services and infection prevention and control.
Provides oversight responsibility for the provision of safe, effective, high quality nursing care throughout the hospital; nursing staff productivity, management of the nursing services portion of the hospital’s budget, patient satisfaction activities, and staff retention efforts.
Attends and presents information at the medical staff meeting and represents the Nursing Department in a leadership role.
Duties include serving as the Infection Control Nurse and Risk Manager for the Hospital.
Education, Experience, and Licensure:
- Has successfully completed the program at of nursing with a current state nursing license, Master of Science in Nursing.
- Experience in nursing, at least five (5) years of nursing and management experience in a hospital is required.
- Experience with Regulatory and Accreditation Surveys (CMS and The Joint Commission)
- Knowledge in CMS, OSHA, Accreditation, and AORN Standards.
- Direct experience with Performance Improvement Initiatives.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Successful completion of ACLS Course certification.
- Health benefits – medical, dental & prescription drug program
- Paid time off
- 401k with company match
- Life and long-term disability insurance
Charleston Surgical Hospital is located at 1306 Kanawha Bld. E and free parking available near Virginia Street entrance of facility.
Applicants can apply by e-mailing a resume with salary requirements to Cathy.Davis@cshwv.com, fax to 304-353-0325 or mail to CSH Personnel, PO Box 2271, Charleston, WV 25328.
Director of Nursing