Please view our video!
We're counting on you, our Director of Nursing, to lead one of the most technically advanced nursing environments in healthcare. At Golden LivingCenters, our nurses utilize Computerized Medical Records, Automated Dispensing Technology and much more. Our goal is to give nurses more time to interact with their patients while giving each Director of Nursing more time to lead their staff. Golden LivingCenters shares your passion for improving quality of life through innovative healthcare ' one person, one family and one community at a time. No wonder we've earned more AHCA/NCAL quality awards than any other post-acute healthcare provider. Our commitment to outstanding care continues with you.
The Director of Nursing Services / DNS / DON plans, coordinates and manages the nursing department. The Director of Nursing Services / DNS / DON is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of nursing care and services provided to residents. The Director of Nursing Services / DNS / DON maintains quality care that is consistent with company and regulatory standards and assumes responsibilities of daily operations in the absence of Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Oversees the nursing staff for the provision of quality and appropriate resident / patient care that meets or exceeds company and regulatory standards
- Assists in the preparation of annual budget for the living center. Monitors monthly performance of nursing services in relation to budget and intervenes as needed
- Schedules and performs rounds to monitor and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of nursing care
- Maintains administrative authority, responsibility and accountability for the proper charting and documentation of care, medications and treatments
- Hires nursing staff, oversee the provision of orientation/training by a qualified Director of Education and retains qualified staff to carry out nursing programs and services. Reviews employee performance and conducts periodic performance appraisals timely
- Develops and implements the written staffing plan and nursing schedule that reflects the needs of the resident and patient population
- Evaluates current and potential residents and patients to determine and maintain living center's ability to provide appropriate level of care
- Maintains regular and ongoing communication with the living center's Medical Director to identify educational needs for staff and provide quality care and services to meet the needs of residents.
- Manages clinical aspects of state or federal government survey processes
- Conducts daily Clinical Start-up meeting with the interdisciplinary team to review resident and patient status
- Attends the weekly â€œat riskâ€? meeting and reviews modifications to residents' and patient's plan of care
- Oversees and monitors the Resident Assessment process for accuracy, attends care planning conferences periodically to determine compliance with care planning guidelines
- Collects, reviews and analyzes clinical outcome data and determines trends. Brings identified concerns to the QA&A committee for development of appropriate plans of action
CODE OF CONDUCT
Must adhere to the Company's Code of Conduct and Business Ethics policy including documentation and reporting responsibilities