Fidelity House CRC is a private nonprofit organization that provides community residences and supportive services for over 800 individuals who face a wide range of intellectual disabilities such as cerebral palsy, Down Syndrome, combined cognitive and physical impairments, and autism spectrum disorders. Staff members provide a wide variety of supportive services including information and referral, case management, behavior management support, parent training and support, workshops, ongoing therapeutic programs and recreational activities. Residential services include 26 community residence programs, adult foster care, shared living and support for individuals who live independently in apartments. Each of our more than 500 employees makes a unique and important contribution to the fulfillment of our mission.
POSITION: Director of Nursing for Residential Programs
REPORTING TO: VP of Health and Clinical Services
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To support residential nursing staff in the provision of systematic, compassionate and skilled care to the individuals served by the Residential Services division. To lead in collaborating effectively with program staff, clinical staff and DDS personnel to offer person-centered services to each individual.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Master’s preferred, Mass RN license, 5 years’ experience working with people with I/DD, 2 years’ supervisory experience in a community setting. Familiarity with MAP and DDS Survey and Certification process a plus.
Local travel within the Merrimack Valley area required.
KEY ACTIVITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Work closely with VP of Residential Services to coordinate systems, communication and documentation to provide quality health care services.
- Hire and ensure assigned nurses are trained in all aspects of their job
- Monitor and support the performance of assigned residential nurses
- Work with VP of Clinical and Health Services to provide clinical oversight of individual medical conditions
- Oversee and coordinate hospital admissions and discharges, daily monitoring of inpatient progress and reporting to Senior PD, PD and assigned agency nurse
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO….
- Periodic monitoring of medical records and health practices in residential homes
- Work with DDS staff to support individuals with medical needs
- Order medical supplies and forward invoices to VP of Clinical and Health Services
- On-call one weekend every 6 weeks
- Participate as a member of the Residential Management Team
- Periodic review and revision of medical policies and nursing policies and procedures
- Represent nursing at the monthly Program Director meetings
Search firms: We are not enlisting the assistance of a search firm for this position. Principal candidates only, please
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law