Director of Nursing
- Tewksbury, MA 01876
- Job Type
The Merrimack Center is a Joint Commission-accredited Intensive Residential Treatment Program (IRTP) specializing in trauma informed care for youth between the ages of 13-18, who are coping with serious mental illness, intellectual disabilities, and challenging behaviors. Our goal is to build on each individual's potential to overcome behavioral challenges, learn social skills, and build competencies.
The ideal Director of Nursing will be a team player capable of effectively leading and working within and across departments. The Director of Nursing will function as part of The Merrimack Center administrative team, and working to ensure that all aspects of the program are functioning optimally and that all students’ needs are being met.
- Oversight and development of systems and functioning of the nursing department.
- Assist with all administrative functions in the department, including supervision of staff, audits, appointments, paperwork, and communication with guardians and outpatient healthcare providers.
- Candidates should be organized, detail-oriented, follow policies about medical and clinical care, and have the ability to work independently.
- Position includes on-call responsibilities.
- Massachusetts RN license
- BSN required.
- Nursing management experience preferred
- Residential program or mental health program experience preferred; experience working with specialized populations of adolescents preferred.
- Meet programs background and driving record check requirements
- Maintains valid driver’s license.
- Available to work evenings, holidays, weekend shifts as necessary.
- Bilingual a plus!
- This position includes medical, dental, 401K with company match, company sponsored pension plan, life insurance, generous personal time off package, tuition reimbursement, long and short term disability with opportunities for continued education/training and much more!
JRI is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to building and maintaining a diverse community. Persons from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBTQ community and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Posted 30+ days ago