We are Boredwalk, a fast-growing artist-owned digitally native lifestyle brand, with a focus on original design work, progressive values, and dark humor. Our catalog includes a unique assortment of apparel, gifts, and accessories and our business model focuses on in-house production & fulfillment and building and nurturing a thriving, idiosyncratic community with our fans, whether it be on social media via our robust marketing program and organic freemium content or our peerless email campaigns. (We know email? But seriously, theyre dope AF and customers wont stop telling us how much they love them.)
We are a casual environment of misfits, weirdos, and cat lovers. Our core values are integrity, independence, excellence, growth, and having a problem-solving mentality. We dont just talk about these values, either we live them every day.
However, while we may be casual around the office, were also pretty Type-A about the work we do, the products we make & sell, and consistently delivering a 5-star experience to our customers, regardless of whether theyve placed their first order with us or their 20th. Yes, were a brand, but anyone can slap a logo on something and call it a brand. Were more interested in building a cult.
Our Director of Operations will be responsible for the management of day to day operations, including oversight of production, shipping and fulfillment, customer service, inventory management, vendor management, finance, IT, and legal compliance.
We dont expect the Director of Operations to do all of this themselves we already have a great staff in place to execute but we do expect the Director of Operations to oversee these departments and tackle issues that arise with alacrity, vigor, and a keen problem-solving mind and be willing and able to learn the inner workings of each of them and approach all operational processes with a desire to improve efficiency and accuracy as we continue to scale.
The Director of Operations will serve as the right hand to the brand founders and be responsible for overseeing all business functions that don't fall under the marketing and product development teams' purview.
- Oversee company operations, including shipping, compliance, production, procurement, warehousing, IT, and customer service.
- Ensure employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture and ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth, helping to implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning
- Develop, review, analyze, modify, and implement efficient and effective operations department processes, systems, policies and procedures with a focus on driving, standardizing and optimizing performance.
- Review and evaluate performance gaps, and take corrective action, as needed, to ensure the managers/supervisors of each functional area are delivering on operating goals.
- Set up key performance metrics (KPIs) to monitor labor management and order fulfillment
- Document operational requirements to create new or update existing SOPs
- Communicate core concepts of the business operations to team and ensure that team members are on board with the overall direction of the business
- Implement cost saving measures across operational functions of the business
- Collaborate with the brand founders to create actionable plans to drive business success
- Provide operational metrics and analysis, reporting infrastructures, and processes to optimize the cost and performance within fulfillment operations.
- Hold weekly meetings to ensure company goals are on-track.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Strong writing, communication, leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Experience building, leading, and managing teams, including virtual teams overseas; fostering great company culture, and motivating excellence
- A self starter with a strong work ethic and talent for learning new things quickly
- Exceptional problem-solving capabilities and the ability to work independently
- Experience with common e-commerce SAAS tools including Helpscout, Shopify, ShipStation, Slack, Zoho, etc.
- Minimum of 7 years of operations management experience in the e-commerce, consumer products, and/or retail.
- Experience with operational optimization
- A results and growth oriented mindset and a passion for great products and customer experience
- Enthusiasm for data, identifying and resolving bottlenecks, and innovating processes
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional prioritization skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving and results in achievement
- Experience with EOS/Traction a strong plus
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Health care benefits
- Discounts on brand merchandise
- Team bonding and off-site events