Wanting to Join a Dynamic and Loving Hospice Team
Heart of Hospice is for you!
The mission at Heart of Hospice is to transform end of life care in the communities we serve. We wrap our families in a team approach that ensure that our patients and their loved ones are given the best care possible. Our goal is to serve every eligible patient with the same care and compassion we would give to our own families.
We are looking for experienced, compassionate, caring, dynamic for Director of Patient Care for our Baton Rouge location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as Patient Care Manager in the absence of one.
- Provides guidance and counseling to Patient Care Managers to assist them in continually improving all aspects of hospice care services, provided through organization personnel.
- Evaluates and monitors performance of Patient Care Managers.
- Assists Patient Care Managers in managing clinical teams and planning and scheduling.
- Assists Patient Care Managers to develop skills and techniques in evaluating the performance of clinicians.
- Coordinates and oversees all direct and indirect patient services.
- Provides help in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient and family/caregiver care to all clinical personnel as indicated.
- Conducts annual evaluations on clinicians, or more frequently if indicated.
- Develops, implements and evaluates the orientation program for new organization personnel and orients new personnel either directly or delegated.
- Assists in recruitment of qualified personnel, orientation, performance management, and terminations according to agency protocol.
- Plans and implements in-service and continuing education programs to meet education and training needs of organization personnel.
- Responsible for the maintenance of adequate and appropriate inventory supplies and equipment for the provision of patient services meeting budgetary expectations.
- Participates and ensures effectiveness of the Interdisciplinary Team meetings.
- Promotes hospice referrals in the health care community.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with physicians and the community at large.
- Oversees the maintenance of patient clinical records, statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organization activities.
- Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Assists with the evaluation of organization performance via quality assessment performance improvement program, productivity, quarterly and annual reviews. Assures for the quality and safe delivery of hospice services provided through the Organization.
- Assists in the development of organization goals. Develops, recommends, and administers Organization policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal laws regarding licensure and certification of organization personnel and maintains compliance.
- Stays informed about changes in the field and hospice care and shares information with each discipline within.
- Interprets operational indicators to detect census changes and increases or decreases in volume that could impact staffing levels, revenues or expenses.
- Assists the Administrator in the preparation and administration of the organization's budget to drive financial performance.
- In the absence of the Administrator, the Director of Patient Care may become the acting Administrator and will be vested with authority to act in behalf of the Administrator.
- Registered nurse current license in the State with no restrictions to practice professional nursing in the State.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited program Hospice and Palliative Care certification preferred.
- Three years of management experience in a hospice or related health care organization.
- Maintains a current CPR certification
Come join our amazing team!
Heart of Hospice is an equal opportunity employer.