Director of Pediatric Hepatology - F38450
The Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition at the Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), Childrens Hospital of Richmond (CHoR) is seeking a full-time, BC/BE pediatric gastroenterologist to serve as director of pediatric hepatology.
- Faculty member will have teaching responsibilities in the area of Hepatology.
- Faculty member will provide guidance and mentorship to Residents and Chief Residents in the area of General Pediatrics.
- Research and other scholarly activity will be encouraged, and opportunities exist for collaborative research with established researchers. In particular, the Division of Adult Hepatology has had a longstanding and extensive clinical and basic science research program.
- Numerous campus resources are available to support basic, clinical and translational research, including a NIH-funded CTSA and the VCU Center for Clinical and Translational Research (CCTR).
- Faculty member will have experience in securing revenue through grants and contracts and will serve as a research mentor to other members of the division and the department of Pediatrics.
- Faculty member will serve on departmental or School of Medicine level committees when appropriate, as well as professional through journal review, conference presentations, etc.
- Faculty member will provide oversight for clinical activities of the division of Gastroenterology/Hepatology in support of the clinical mission of CHoR of VCU Healthsystem.
- BC in Pediatric Hepatology
- Experience with clinical care of patients ages birth to 21
- Experience with education of house-staff, medical students, and others
- Experience with research
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with other division chiefs, and the ability to mentor more junior faculty
- Sub-board and or additional graduate degree
- Experience with advocacy at local, state, and national level
- Success in generating revenue (grants/contracts)
Interested applicants should apply online to www.vcujobs.com and also submit a cover letter describing your qualifications and interest in the position, current Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Applicants are encouraged to apply via our website, https://www.vcujobs.com/.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities & persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.