Director of Pediatric Hospital Medicine - M60095
The Children's Hospital of Richmond (CHoR) at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) would like to enhance the current collaboration with St. Mary's Hospital of Mercy Bon Secours Health with our combined commitment to service excellence an value in Pediatric Hospital Medicine.
We seek a Director of Pediatric Hospital Medicine at this community hospital site. St. Mary's Hospital has a 24 bed inpatient unit staffed by pediatric nurses, social workers, care coordinators, therapists, dieticians, and pharmacists. As well, there is an active group of pediatric subspecialists including pediatric surgery, gastroenterology, pulmonology, endocrinology, neurology and cardiology amongst others. The pediatric hospitalists provide 24/7 in-hospital coverage for the pediatric medical-surgical unit and the newborn nursery. There are board certified pediatric specialists staffing the Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Pediatric Critical Care and Neonatal Critical Care units.
Candidate responsibilities will include:
- Direct patient care of children admitted to the inpatient pediatric unit and neonates in the newborn nursery.
- Administrative and supervisory oversight of the pediatric hospitalists at St. Mary's Hospital-scheduling of clinical coverage, mentorship, etc.
- Supervision and oversight by the Director of Pediatric Hospital Medicine at CHoR at VCU is anticipated.
- Engagement in St. Mary's Hospital Mercy Bon Secours Health Pediatric Committees-Quality Improvement, Leadership, Strategy, Directors and others to further the mission of Mercy Bon Secours Health.
- Coordination of pediatric resources with the St. Mary's Hospital Mercy Bon Secours Health Pediatric Emergency Department, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
There are both medical students and residents and pediatric hospital medicine fellows who complete their pediatric clerkship or rotations at St. Mary's Hospital.
This is an opportunity for the candidate eager to advance their career in the leadership of a busy community hospital pediatric service. There is a record of excellence in the delivery of clinical and academic pediatric services, both of which have anticipated growth in scope and breadth with the alignment of CHoR at VCU and Mercy Bon Secours Health in pediatric care. Community hospital inpatient and newborn care are seen as essential to the pediatric landscape in the Richmond Metro Region.
Candidates must be board certified in pediatrics or medicine-pediatrics. Completion of Pediatric Fellowship training is preferred but not required. Four or more years of clinical experience (board eligibility) in pediatric hospital medicine is required. Current board certification in pediatric hospital medicine is preferred but not required. All candidates must be eligible for medical licensure in Virginia. All candidates must be certified in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS). Credentialing at both VCUH and St. Mary's is required.
Interested applicants should contact:
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, Affirmative Action University providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veterans status, political affiliation or disability.