POSITION TITLE: Director of Pharmacy
POSITION LOCATION: Dallas, TX
This is a 100 bed hospital, serving the community since 2009. This hospital is a comprehensive medical center specializing in cardiovascular care, orthopedics, neurosurgery, urology and general surgery.
The Director of Pharmacy manages the medication use process through the planning, organization, management, and direction of the operations, clinical activities and staff of the Pharmacy Department.
- Provides direction of the department through the development, implementation, evaluation and modification of the hospitals pharmacy practice to align with best practices within the profession.
- Ensures legal and regulatory compliance with federal, state and local laws and accrediting bodies.
- Recruits, hires, develops and retains competent pharmacy staff.
- Develops, implements and monitors processes and systems to detect and prevent drug diversion.
- Plans, organizes and directs the work of the pharmacy staff.
- Creates the annual budget and submits capital expenditures requests per policy.
- Reviews and revises Policy and Procedures annually or as required by hospital bylaws
Bachelors of Pharmacy or Pharm D
5 - 7 years total Pharmacy experience with 3 Years of progressive management experience in a hospital environment as a Director of Pharmacy