If you want a position that will challenge you to be your best, look no further! We are looking for a Director of Preconstruction to join our dynamic culture at Rockford Construction. In this role, you will lead and manage the Preconstruction Team and develop strategies that support Rockford’s brand, vision, and committee to excellent client service. As the Director of Preconstruction, you will lead a team of estimators, preconstruction managers, calculate costs for various projects, work closely with project managers, market leaders, clients and trade contractors. The ideal candidate will be comfortable collecting, analyzing data and forecasting.
You must have great attention to detail along with great people skills and have excellent communication and negotiating skills. Responsibilities include establishing/overseeing a project pre-construction plan in coordination with a Project Executive including all estimating, downstream pricing, buy out strategies, deliverables scope and dates, sample deliverables, staffing requirements and other activities to insure a smooth process leading to a "no-surprises" GMP.
Our clients for the past 30 plus years have built millions of square feet of retail, restaurant, airport, education, office, healthcare, industrial, multi-family and hospitality space throughout the United States and Canada. We firmly believe in providing an above average experience for both clients and Team Members alike by striving to maintain hard work, high standards, value and integrity.If you are detail-oriented, organized, and want to join a great team APPLY NOW!
You must have:
- Proven experience as a construction estimator (minimum of five years (5) commercial construction experience)
- Understanding of construction procedures, materials and project delivery methods
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial construction ranging in costs from $1 Million - $100 Million
- Ability to read and understand project plans and specifications at all levels of design
- Ability to create conceptual, schematic design (SD), design development (DD) and construction document (CD) budgets and estimates
- Basic understanding of accounting and project management concepts
- Ability to perform quantity take-off estimates for all trades involved in the specific project
- Utilize estimating software – On Screen Takeoff, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Suite and Bluebeam
- Successful value engineering experience
- Hard bid project assembly experience
- Great attention to detail
- Deep understanding of research methodology, data analysis and estimation metrics
- Outstanding oral and written communication and negotiation skills
- Experience with managing people and expectations
Bonus points for:
- Field operations experience (carpenter, foreman, subcontractor, etc)
- Experience/Good working knowledge of On Screen Takeoff (OST)
- Knowledge of CSI
- Experience estimating multiple types of construction projects
- Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) or other qualification
- Experience with BIM
Each day, we strive to provide and deliver more – for our clients and teammates alike. Rockford offers competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare plans, generous paid time off, continued learning and training opportunities, on-site fitness activities, tuition reimbursement, 401K with company match, and flexible scheduling.