Qualys is looking for an experienced Product Leader who is technical, collaborative, and truly excited about building great products to lead Qualys Malware protection product offerings. In this role, you will define product strategies, evolve current products and identify new Endpoint Security / EDR and next-Gen market opportunities. This is a very visible and hands-on PM leadership role where you will conduct research, interact with end-users and customers to define and bring new Endpoint Security solutions to market. You will work very closely with product engineering leadership and be a key member interfacing with product leadership and executive staff. The successful candidate will have the ability to interface and influence cross-functional teams throughout the company.
Role and Responsibilities
- Be the ‘Product Owner’ that the engineering teams look up to
- Product Roadmap – Define and Develop a product roadmap that represents key deliverables, customer asks and market direction
- Manage and prioritize the Endpoint Security strategy
- Ensure products are aligned to company’s Cyber Security product strategy
- Engage with executive stakeholders to identify needs and map it to overall product roadmap.
- Provide technical and program oversight within the Endpoint Security product portfolio
- Work closely with Endpoint Security product leadership to ensure day to day activities have the appropriate priority and have strong alignment to roadmap.
- Manage dependencies within and outside of the Endpoint Security product
- Provide timely updates to executive team
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Comfortable with conflicts, capable of influencing cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Passionate problem solver
- Strong desire for learning new things
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills – capable of explaining complex requirements in simple words
- Experience working with large enterprises, understanding their needs and capabilities in deploying new software
- Prior experience of software development and good understanding of software engineering methodologies is a big plus
- Experience with SaaS model / cloud-based security systems is a plus
- Good domain knowledge of malware detection and protection technologies is required
- Any experience of working for or managing an Anti-Malware / AV product in the past will be highly beneficial
- Bachelor's / Master’s degree in a technical field; MBA – an advantage
- Knowledge of IOC / IOA / EDR / Next-gen AV or machine-learning based malware detection is required.
- Good understanding of competitive product landscape and features
- Ability to distinguish between hype and reality is essential
- Prior experience of working with globally distributed teams is highly desirable.
- Innovation focused – ability to understand disruptive solution where no precedence exists!