Director of Product Management
As Director of Product Management, you'll define and own product vision and drive a roadmap for a product line. The Weedmaps portfolio ranges from point-of-sale systems to logistics management to our core platform and this role will lead the strategy and execution in a subset of one of those product lines. You will be responsible for leading the teams that are building a scalable, reliable, secure and highly performant platform using best practices. You will ensure our product roadmap is flexible to allow for our growth into new and existing business lines.
This is a strategic role that requires strong partnership with other functions across the company. You'll partner with other leaders to translate product vision into strategic and technological business decisions. You'll drive accountability and metrics ownership to translate strategy into results. Lastly, you'll align and inspire your organization by effectively communicating the strategy and driving the team to success.
The impact you'll make:
- Work with the leadership team to define the company s short- and long-term product and business vision
- Serve as internal champion for product vision own long-term product strategy and drive the strategic prioritization of projects within a product line
- Partner with Engineering leadership to establish alignment and efficiency across product and engineering teams
- Build and manage a team of Product Managers and oversee planning and recruitment for all product roles
- Develop industry expertise to be able to contextualize the value and positioning of any given feature and maintain a strong awareness of our customer utilizing quantitative and qualitative data to make informed strategic product decisions
- Analyze and synthesize broad, cross-business or cross-discipline information that leads to breakthroughs or significant insight
What you've accomplished:
- Equivalent of 5+ years of product management or similar experience in consumer internet, enterprise software or a related field
- Leadership DNA, proven ability to excite and inspire and lead a successful cross-functional team; experience hiring and leading a team of 3+ product managers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions and low-level technical discussions
- Solid visual communication skills including the ability to create and deliver a great slide presentation
- Strong user experience sensibilities and appreciation for minimal interface design
- Deep understanding of analytics, user research and business cases to drive decisions and improve products
- Experience working in ecommerce, delivery, SaaS, social networking, or similar industries preferred
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee AND dependents
- Matching 401k, 50% match up to 6% of employee contribution
- 3 weeks accrued PTO and 5 immediate sick days
- Accident Insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Catered lunch provided 5 days a week
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
- Fridge is always stocked with energy drinks and other snacks
- Casual work environment, read no suit and tie required , but you are free to dress to the nines
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visitwww. dhs. gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Berlin, Boston, Denver, New York, Phoenix and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!