Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Contribute to achieving Parkland Health & Hospital System (PHHS) goals as it pertains to the assigned program priority. Assist in identifying the required framework and build the infrastructure to support an effective and efficient program service line across PHHS and Dallas County. Develop and coordinate health professional training, patient education programs and community outreach activity optimize program effectiveness. Manage staff as assigned.
-Must have a Master’s degree in Nursing, Business Administration, Health Administration or related field.
- Must have eight (8) years of professional experience in operations.
- Prefer three (3) years of experience working in an urban healthcare system
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-700.B: An Introduction to the National Incident Management System (NIMS) or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-100.C: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS- 200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations (ICS 200) or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
- Lean Six Sigma certification/skills preferred.
Skills or Special Abilities
- Thorough awareness of the Scope of Practice, Standards of Practice, and Standards of the program.
- Knowledge and experience dealing with program oversight programs and environment of program data platforms. Maintenance of accreditation and specialty certification for area of specialty.
- Proficiency, creativity and innovation in establishing and evaluating program process and outcome measures, with alignment to both organizational and programmatic mission and vision.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills in working with a diverse population of physicians, nurses, and support staff. Must partner with designated service line leadership.
- Must have effective leadership skills and be capable of motivating, recruiting and educating staff through program adaptations.
- Proficient in developing and sustaining collaborative partnerships, through effective community engagement strategies.
- Must demonstrate patient-centered/patient valued behaviors.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in resource management including budget and personnel practices.
- Superior writing skills to compose grant proposals, course outlines, manuals and reports.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of personal computer operations and the ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and database software in a Windows environment.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.