OVERVIEW / GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION
* The Director of Purchasing will lead our Over-the-Counter medical supply, supply chain operation. This position will be responsible for supporting the VP of Distribution with activities to include product sourcing, purchasing, forecasting, receiving, and inventory management including cycle counts in multiple e-commerce distribution centers across the US.
* They will manage our product listing by conducting annual product list reviews, including pricing analysis, market analysis and retail analysis to update the products we offer to multiple clients.
* They will be vetting and onboarding new vendors and sourcing for new products and product categories while maintaining vendor contracts and annual rebate programs.
* This position requires expert level Microsoft Office skills with ability to analyze data and maintain complex spreadsheets as it relates to a multi-site distribution model.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Purchasing and inventory supply chain management for OTC Medical Supplies
* Manage inventory across three e-commerce distribution centers (1,000,000+ outbound shipments annually) including purchasing and forecasting
* Manage fully integrated WMS
* Manage product Sourcing
* Product listing management
* Data management and data input for ERP
* Purchasing for several product categories
* IT equipment and vendor licensing
* Office supplies
* Facilities supplies
* New vendor vetting, onboarding, and analysis.
* Maintain vendor contracts and annual rebate programs
* Conduct vendor reviews and site visits
* Manage recalls with Licensing and Compliance departments
* Manage manufacturer and vendor backorders
* Conduct and manage inventory counts (cycle counts, physical inventory)
* Manage product data for e-commerce website and internal customer service database
* Maintain 100% order fulfillment and SLA order compliance
* Maintain and author interdepartmental SOP and P&Ps
* Manage receiving teams and processes
* Manage expirations dates
* Analyze and monitor economic and consumer trends
* Forecast sales and inventory
Education & Experience
* Bachelors in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Supply Chain or similar preferred
* 10 years purchasing and or supply chain management experience
* Expert level in MS Excel, MS Access and data analysis including macros
* Available weekends as needed
* Willing to travel
* Experience in OTC Pharmaceutical and/or e-commerce industry preferred but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled