About the Position:
Strategically develop and implement commodity/supply chain strategies to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization. Use procurement best practices to create and implement continually lower cost drivers while maintaining established quality standards. Seek new vendors to leverage commodities best practices.
Benefits of Working With Us:
We offer a casual atmosphere and family oriented culture. Our benefits package is comprehensive including medical, dental, vision, 401k with match, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance, shopping discount program, employee assistance program, and more! Sound good to you? Come join our team!
Headquartered in Vacaville, California, All Weather Insulated Panels (AWIP), has two state of the art continuous line manufacturing facilities including Vacaville, California and Little Rock, Arkansas. AWIP is an innovator in the design, construction, and advancement of insulated metal panels and is strategically positioned to meet the growing energy, environmental and economic challenges facing the North American building industry. AWIP provides its customers with a broad line of insulated wall and roof panels and a full range of complementary trims, accessories and engineering services.
- Develop an overall vendor base that creates and sustains a competitive advantage, utilizing global market exploitation, leveraged spend, and technologies.
- Foster and develop excellent supplier relationships in a strategic manner.
- Identify and implement strategies to improve quality of service, productivity and profitability.
- Maintain senior level communications regards supply-chain disruptions, opportunities, and risks to align with overall business plans.
- Guide a dynamic team of purchasing professionals
- Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement including supplier quality, fulfillment, and financial performance.
- Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or delivered goods.
- Anticipate any challenges or disruptions in supply or quality and provide alternative solutions
- Manage material flow to ensure inventory is maintained at optimum levels.
- Manage materials savings initiatives in line with profit plan and overall business objectives.
- Maintain consistent lines of communication with Production, Sales, Engineering and other departments to confirm needs are met and strategize on future goals.
- Oversee maintenance of current price information; department and supplier product information; supplier contracts, servicing agreements, etc.
- Comply with all safety and company policies and procedures
- Comply with supervisory expectations:
- Expectations of Management – Consistently exhibits a high standard of integrity and ethical behavior. Resolves conflicts in an open and direct manner. Communicates candidly and effectively. Selects the best employees for the organization, and works with employees to help them succeed. Demonstrates and inspires a high level of commitment and performance. Leads continuous improvement efforts and positive change.
- Management Team Support – Outwardly supports management in all initiatives. Participates in management positively with an open mind and genuine and cooperative attitude. Supports and ensures that employees support other departments cooperatively.
- Employee Management – Successfully manages performance, behavior, and conduct of subordinates, including ongoing assessment, feedback, and coaching of performance criterion with successful results. Documents both issues and successes for a complete and well-rounded review. Ensures all policies, SOPs, and company practices are followed. Holds employees accountable to expectations.
- Team Building – Actively seeks and achieves group participation to improve work, sets priorities, is innovative, and solves problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or supply chain, or other related field
- Certificates and Licenses: CPM, CPSM, APP, or other purchasing credentials preferred
- 5+ years experience in procurement for a manufacturing business in the building and construction segment
- Demonstrated success in a leadership/management position
Competencies and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of department products (steel, chemical, plastic films, lumber, packaging, MRO)
- Ability to organize, and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and with minimal supervision
- Strong analysis skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Advanced skills with Office 365. Experience with ERP system such as SAP preferred
- Travel required - minimum 25%
- Able to sit for extended periods of time, and perform other movements commonly required for this type of position and required to complete the duties and responsibilities described.
- Visual acuity, finger dexterity, color discernment
- Must possess professional phone etiquette
- Able to wear prescribed personal protective equipment and appropriate clothing
- The majority of the time this position will work in an environment typical of an office environment
- Frequently work in conditions typical of a manufacturing environment, including noise, extreme temperatures and humidity, odors, dust, etc. for brief periods
- Effectively use a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and commonly used software to complete necessary functions assigned
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with clients, vendors, employees, and other individuals
- Ability to function effectively with moderate to high levels of stress in a demanding and dynamic environment
- Employee must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time and consistently produce organized thoughts and execute sound judgment
- Travel by automobile, airplane, and other modes of economy class public transportation are required
- Fluent use of the English language to communicate verbally and in writing effectively
- Must be able to lift at least 25Ibs.
AWIP is a drug free workplace.