The Director of Quality Control assures quality products and processes by establishing and enforcing quality standards; reviewing documentation and testing packaging materials, ingredients and finished product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Establishes quality and reliability standards by studying product and consumer requirements with other members of the Management Team, production operators, QA lab technicians, and engineering staff.
* Manages and maintains FSMA compliance.
* Establishes raw material standards in conjunction with the R&D Team to ensure product quality, consistency and performance. This is also in collaboration with the plant operation requirements. Working with suppliers to determining testing methods, procedures and testing equipment.
* Establishes and fine tunes in-process product inspection standards, manufacturing methods; developing testing methods and procedures.
* Establishes analytical standards for the disposition of finished product by developing evaluation tests, methods, and procedures.
* Establishes product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures and SOP's.
* Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements and training methods.
* Prepares product and process quality reports and summarizing information and trends.
* Completes quality assurance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
* Maintains quality assurance staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
* Maintains quality assurance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common information, reports and other documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or company representatives. Ability to effectively present information to management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand for long periods of time, sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel, sit for long periods of time, stand frequently, bend, squat, reach and turn to access files and office equipment. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Field positions will be exposed to various unfamiliar conditions where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn and which may include, but are not limited to: manufacturing and warehouse plants, and other venues as directed by supervisor. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but increases significantly in warehouse and manufacturing plants.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Bachelor's degree in food science, microbiology, or other closely related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 10 years' experience in food or beverage operations and/or quality assurance management. Experience managing a team of quality assurance technicians preferred.
* Management of a high volume of inventory throughout multiple sites.
* Computer skills and knowledge of state-of-the-art lab equipment.
* HACCP, ISO, SQF or other food safety certification required.
* Food safety audit experience desired.
* Must be able and willing to travel up to 50-80% of the year.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled