RN Director of Quality and Medical Staff Services
Job Number: 260543
Job Category: Non-Clinical Director/Executive
Providence is calling an RN Director of Quality and Medical Staff Services to Providence St. Vincent Medical Center in Portland, OR
We are seeking an RN Director of Quality and Medical Staff Services that will provide administrative support and leadership to Oregon Region Quality Management and Medical Staff Services (ORQMMSS) Division for Providence Health & Services - Oregon. The Director is responsible to serve as the liaison to external agencies such as the Joint Commission, Livant/QIO, Oregon Health Authority, and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. The position is accountable for planning, development and implementation of Quality Management, Medical Staff services and Risk Management and improvement programs.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Serve as a member of the ORQMMSS, working cooperatively with team members in the development and implementation of priorities identified by Providence Health & Services, the Oregon Quality Council, in collaboration with the specific hospital(s) to which the Director is assigned
- Provide leadership to the specific ministry and to the regional organization to maximize quality, patient safety, cost effectiveness, patient satisfaction and responsiveness
- Plan and assure that the Quality, Risk and Medical Staff Office functions meet guidelines and continual readiness set by PH&S, the Joint Commission, State of Oregon, and state licensing boards
- Plan, direct and supervise the activities of quality, resource and risk management and performance improvement programs
- Work collaboratively with the clinical Project Managers in implementing, monitoring quality priorities for PH&S, the Oregon Region and the respective ministries
- Develop the methodology of continuous quality improvement, Change acceleration and, Lean principles by using multi-disciplinary teams to identify problems, analyze variations and improve complex processes and systems to enhance the quality of patient care and the patient's perception of quality
- Be accountable for management of risk and loss prevention; includes close relationship with claims representatives and hospital legal counsel
- Be accountable for Sentinel Event and critical event review activities, including root cause analyses, follow up action planning and spread and adoption of changes
- Provide administrative support to the Professional Staff organization at the respective entity to assure activities are operating efficiently
- Plan, organize and direct both Quality Management and Medical Staff Offices ensuring that support is given to senior hospital leadership, the Quality Medical Director, the voluntary Professional Staff leadership, and the Division Chiefs to the Professional Staff
- Demonstrate understanding and utilizes tones, tools and behaviors that promote patient safety in highly reliable organizations
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Current, unencumbered Oregon state RN license.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience clinical nursing, with five (5) years in acute care setting
- Five (5) years of experience in progressive leadership and management roles
- Knowledge of medical staff organizations, quality management, risk management
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Planning and budgeting skills
Preferred qualifications for this position includes:
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Public Health, Business, Business or Healthcare Administration, or enrolled in a masters level program
- Certified Healthcare Quality Professional or Certified Joint Commission Professional
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits
Our Mission As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
About Us Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago.Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression,sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.