University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Registrar
Director of Registrar and Financial Aid Services(Academic Services Director)
Position #00771012 – Requisition #18131
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY atwww.cu.edu/cu-careers*
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Office of Registrar has an opening for a full time University Staff (unclassified) Director of Registrar and Financial Aid Services position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Providing the UNPARALLED student experience at the University of Colorado Denver I Anschutz Medical Campus allows us to reimagine the structure of our student business services operations. Our Student Enrollment Operations & Compliance area combines the resources of the Registrar, Financial Aid & Scholarships, Admissions Operations, Digital Strategies and Communications, and a new One-Stop concept, plus consolidated Information Technology support. This new approach to student business services operations provides our growing team with the opportunity to think outside the box and work collaboratively to create a service model that enhances the quality of our student interactions. To assist us with facilitating this work, we are seeking an Director of Registrar and Financial Aid Services.
Our Student Enrollment Operations & Compliance team members are passionate about providing simple, helpful services while working in a fun and supportive environment. As we expand our operations and staff, this is a great time to join us. Our new colleagues will be key contributors as we continue reimagining our approach to delivering student business services, creating streamlined processes and customizing student experiences. They will be collaborative thought-leaders and change agents, ready to join a welcoming community focused on student success.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.
Directors are responsible for the ongoing leadership and oversight of a department, including the development of strategies and processes which contribute to the University and/or campus mission and accountability for services provided. Directors are responsible and accountable for the analysis of fiscal and human resources required to achieve department objectives including hiring, compensation, termination, and performance management of subordinate employees.
Reporting directly to the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Enrollment Operations and Compliance, the Director of Registrar and Financial Aid Services oversees and directs all strategic and operational day-to-day activities relative to financial aid and registrar processing operations on the Anschutz Medical campus. The director will work continuously to enhance and implement policy and procedures on the Anschutz Medical campus to positively and effectively impact operations to support the goals of the university, division and department, and will evaluate, identify and implement, policies, business practices, and system processing enhancements to increase efficiency and provide superior customer service to all students. This position will supervise an Associate Director and/or Associate Registrar and may supervise an Assistant Director at the Anschutz Medical Campus and will oversee approximately eight additional staff members. This position will serve on the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Enrollment Operations and Compliance leadership team and will regularly work with the Director of Registrar Services and the Director of Financial Aid Services at the Denver Campus to ensure we have consistent quality levels of service in those areas at both of our campuses.
- Serves as a collaborative leader within units that comprise Student Enrollment Operations and Compliance at the Denver and Anschutz Medical Campuses.
- Oversees the development of strategies, support structures and processes to effectively administer financial aid and registrar’s office operations.
- Develops a strategic plan that aligns with the organizational structure.
- Develops, allocates, and monitors budgets with state and institutional financial aid programs.
- Develops, allocates, and monitors departmental budgets as they pertain to strategic initiatives.
- Develops, oversees, and participates in new internal and external initiatives.
- Collect, analyze, and report on data pertaining to federal, state, and institutional requirements.
- Supervises and administers academic policy, course creation and registration, grading policies and grade collection, transcript production and fulfillment, residency determination, transfer credit evaluation and application, degree audit, schedule and planning software applications, new program creation, degree certification and posting, and licensure certifications for current and graduating students and alumni.
- Works with the Academic and Faculty Deans of the schools and colleges to set course schedules and the academic calendars.
- Represents the school on University-wide committees such as Data Integrations Group, Campus Liaisons, CU-SIS Steering, and other working groups or projects as assigned.
- Provides expert guidance on policies and procedures related to registration, coursework, credits, grading and records retention, and FERPA.
- Collaborates with other campus Registrar’s Offices, schools, and programs, to create and implement policies surrounding intercampus registration, involving additional external stakeholders when applicable.
- In conjunction with the University Registrar, ensures school compliance with FERPA, and support FERPA training for all faculty, staff and administrators.
- Serves as a key liaison to university administrative, academic, and division offices regarding Denver Financial Aid and Scholarships Office operations and administration and will represent the office throughout campus and at external events.
- Promotes staff development, establish performance plans/reviews, and strive to enhance and cultivate a culture that promotes student success, continuous improvement, and a diverse and inclusive environment for staff and students.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $75,036 to $ 95,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
- A bachelor’s degree in a directly related field from an accredited institution is required.
- The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience at the management level, including direct responsibility for oversight of a department including the development of strategies and processes at a 2- or 4- year college/university with diverse student populations.
- Master’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in student affairs, student personnel services, higher education, or related field of study.
- Advanced experience with supervision and development of professional staff.
- Previous years of experience at the Assistant Director or Assistant Registrar level or above in a financial aid or registrar’s office.
- Prior experience with Oracle PeopleSoft SIS and any associated linked system interfaces.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, characterized by the ability to work effectively with a range of constituents including students, faculty, alumni and School and University colleagues.
- Capacity for critical thinking and logic to assimilate complex concepts in data and interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated skill and knowledge of registrar profession.
- Knowledge and understanding of the academic and curricular environment of a college or professional school.
- Demonstrated familiarity with financial aid and student records related components of a student information system (SIS).
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in matters that are sensitive and confidential.
- Ability to work independently and collegially.
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.