University of Colorado | CU Denver
Office of the Registrar
Director of Registrar Services (Academic Services Director)
Position #00771008 – Requisition #18097
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY atwww.cu.edu/cu-careers*
The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Office of the Registrar has an opening for a full time University Staff (unclassified)Director of Registrar Servicesposition.
Providing the UNPARALLED student experience at the University of Colorado Denver I Anschutz Medical Campus allows us to reimagine the structure of our student business services operations. Our Student Enrollment Operations & Compliance area combines the resources of the Registrar, Financial Aid & Scholarships, Admissions Operations, Digital Strategies and Communications, and a new One-Stop concept, plus consolidated Information Technology support. This new approach to student business services operations provides our growing team with the opportunity to think outside the box and work collaboratively to create a service model that enhances the quality of our student interactions. To assist us with facilitating this work, we are seeking a Director of Registrar Services.
Our Student Enrollment Operations & Compliance team members are passionate about providing simple, helpful services while working in a fun and supportive environment. As we expand our operations and staff, this is a great time to join us. Our new colleagues will be key contributors as we continue reimagining our approach to delivering student business services, creating streamlined processes and customizing student experiences. They will be collaborative thought-leaders and change agents, ready to join a welcoming community focused on student success.
As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City.
CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown. Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.
Directors are responsible for the ongoing leadership and oversight of a department, including the development of strategies and processes which contribute to the University and/or campus mission and accountability for services provided. Directors are responsible and accountable for the analysis of fiscal and human resources required to achieve department objectives including hiring, compensation, termination, and performance management of subordinate employees.
Reporting directly to the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Enrollment Operations and Compliance, the Director of Registrar Services works with the faculty and administration regarding records, registration and curricular issues and is directly responsible for the supervision and management of all administrative and operational functions of the Office of the Registrar on the Denver Campus, while ensuring a high quality student service environment. This role has a dotted line reporting relationship to the University Registrar and along with the University Registrar, will provide leadership and strategic direction to the Denver Office of the Registrar. The Director of Registrar Services directly supervises three Associate Registrars and oversees a staff of fifteen additional professionals. This position will serve on the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Enrollment Operations and Compliance leadership team and will regularly work with the Director of Financial Aid Services at Denver and the Director of Registrar and Financial Aid Services at the Anschutz Medical Campus to ensure we have consistent quality levels of service in those areas at both or our campuses.
- Serves as a collaborative leader within units that comprise Student Enrollment Operations and Compliance at the Denver and Anschutz Medical Campuses.
- Oversees the development of strategies, support structures and processes to effectively administer registrar office operations.
- Develops a strategic plan that aligns with the organizational structure.
- Develops, allocates, and monitors departmental budgets as they pertain to strategic initiatives.
- Supervises and administers academic policy, course creation and registration, grading policies and grade collection, transcript production and fulfillment, residency determination, transfer credit evaluation and application, degree audit, schedule and planning software applications, new program creation, degree certification and posting, and licensure certifications for current and graduating students and alumni.
- Work with the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Enrollment Operations and Compliance and the University Registrar to create and implement strategies, policies and procedures relating to transactions in support of the students, faculty, staff and administration of the Denver Campus.
- Work with the Academic and Faculty Deans of the schools and colleges to set course schedules and the academic calendars.
- Represent the school on University-wide committees such as Data Integrations Group, Campus Liaisons, CU-SIS Steering, and other working groups or projects as assigned.
- Provides expert guidance on policies and procedures related to registration, coursework, credits, grading and records retention, and FERPA.
- Conducts systematic evaluation of all current and historical Denver student and curriculum records, including credits, grades, and degree information to maintain effective data integrity.
- Implement and maintain degree audit requirements and work with school administrators and advisors to insure the accuracy of those requirements. Encourage the use of these audits by students and advisors.
- Ensures accurate student information is kept in the National Student Clearinghouse database and other affiliates, coordinating consistent data within the CU-SIS environment and the National Student Loan Data System.
- Collaborate with other campus Registrar’s Offices, schools, and programs, to create and implement policies surrounding intercampus registration, involving additional external stakeholders when applicable.
- In conjunction with the University Registrar, ensure school compliance with FERPA, and support FERPA training for all faculty, staff and administrators.
PLEASENOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $75,036 to $ 95,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
- A bachelor’s degree in a directly related field from an accredited institution is required.
- The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience at the management level, including direct responsibility for oversight of a department including the development of strategies and processes at a 2- or 4- year college/university with diverse student populations.
- Master’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in student affairs, student personnel services, higher education, or related field of study.
- Advanced experience with supervision and development of professional staff.
- Previous years of experience at the Assistant Registrar level or above.
- Prior experience with Oracle PeopleSoft SIS and any associated linked system interfaces.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, characterized by the ability to work effectively with a range of constituents including students, faculty, alumni and School and University colleagues.
- Capacity for critical thinking and logic to assimilate complex concepts in data and interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated skill and knowledge of registrar profession.
- Knowledge and understanding of the academic and curricular environment of a college or professional school.
- Demonstrated familiarity with all Registrar related components of a student information system (SIS).
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in matters that are sensitive and confidential.
- Ability to work independently and collegially.
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.